PDA

View Full Version : Muir Lake Frustration

CdnVet0506
06-27-2010, 05:36 AM
Does anyone know what the trout are taking on the surface at Muir??? Although I've caught a few down deep, I can't for the life of me figure out what they're taking on the surface!!!! They're splashy rises suggest some kind of emerger but I'll be damned if I can figure out what it is!!!!! Pretty much tried every dry and emerger in my box.....any help would be appreciated....

Thanks

Penner
06-27-2010, 06:54 AM
PMD's?

Darren N
06-27-2010, 07:59 AM
Does anyone know what the trout are taking on the surface at Muir??? Although I've caught a few down deep, I can't for the life of me figure out what they're taking on the surface!!!! They're splashy rises suggest some kind of emerger but I'll be damned if I can figure out what it is!!!!! Pretty much tried every dry and emerger in my box.....any help would be appreciated....

Thanks

the fish at Muir are pretty smart. When all else fails for me I go to a black Chrinomid pattern a few feet down ( 3 to 4 ). Sometimes i put a big dry on the top instead of a strike indicator for a float. just let it sit and move it around very slightly once in awhile, or strike indicator, then chrinomid, and throw on a leech on at the bottom for good luck. I come away from muir frustrated more than once in awhile. They like to make you work for your fun.

lambski
06-27-2010, 09:20 PM
:thinking-006:caddis

fishpro
06-27-2010, 09:27 PM
If they're splashy rises I would guess caddis. Put on a caddis imitation like an Elk Hair Caddis, then drag it along the surface with just enough speed so it makes a v-wake.

Swede
06-27-2010, 10:04 PM
I was having pretty good luck fishing a flashback Pt nymph in the surface film , slow short strips.