PDA

View Full Version : some success at sylvan

Trey
06-27-2010, 06:45 PM
fished around the sunbreaker cove area from a canoe, in 10 to 15 feet of water, fished the edge of the weed beds, i got 5 pike, 2 of which were pretty decent, 3 walleye that were somewhat small, and a decent sized whitefish that fought harder than anything else. i thought i had a huge pike on, the way this thing was pulling, what a good time. all were caught on the 5 of diamonds, it kept working so i never changed to anything else. i seen a monster pike in the reeds atleast 3 feet long. i tried casting for it but to no avail. the best part was the amazing sunset we got to see at the end of the day. what a good time

Darren N
06-27-2010, 08:11 PM
fished around the sunbreaker cove area from a canoe, in 10 to 15 feet of water, fished the edge of the weed beds, i got 5 pike, 2 of which were pretty decent, 3 walleye that were somewhat small, and a decent sized whitefish that fought harder than anything else. i thought i had a huge pike on, the way this thing was pulling, what a good time. all were caught on the 5 of diamonds, it kept working so i never changed to anything else. i seen a monster pike in the reeds atleast 3 feet long. i tried casting for it but to no avail. the best part was the amazing sunset we got to see at the end of the day. what a good time

Glad it worked out for ya. Darren N

Trey
06-27-2010, 08:34 PM
the lake was stupid high, kinda murky by the shore, and tons of fluff from the cotton wood trees everywhere. it kept getting caught on your line and into the reel and made casting difficult at times. that stuff is extremely hard to pick off your gear too

SushiUnagi
07-04-2010, 12:44 AM
Glad to hear you had success there! 3 different varieties too and all caught on the same lure! Sweet!

Big Red 250
07-04-2010, 10:44 AM
5 of diamonds- one of the better paint jobs ever invented. I think they've caught as many fish as the red & white daredevil.