PDA

View Full Version : Bobber set up

RustyLongshaft
06-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Hello All

My question is did I set up my bobber and bait correctly?

I put the bobber at the top
Then below that the hook and bait
then below on the end i put a nail on it for wieght because the power bait floats on the surface so what would be the point of the bobber lol

Would this set up work or would the fish see the wieght and not take the bait?

gprime27
06-27-2010, 09:30 PM
Hey dude, just take pickeral rig if your using power bait and put a small weight at the end. Works like a charm when fishing power bait :) Plus it keeps the bait off the line. Then attach a bobber at the top :)

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
06-27-2010, 09:38 PM
Its as simple as this .
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/86aeeda8.jpg
the picture is pretty self explanatory .

nicemustang
06-28-2010, 08:19 AM
What i do is this. A bobber stop (string knot), then a small bead, then the bobber, then a small barrel swivel, then a 2 foot 6 lb flouro leader to a size #8 hook, tied on with snell. And yes you may need to put in a split shot for some weight, but on line below the bobber but above the swivel. Use worms instead of power bait if you can use bait, you'll have much more luck.

Guitarplayingfish
06-28-2010, 09:06 AM
What i do is this. A bobber stop (string knot), then a small bead, then the bobber, then a small barrel swivel, then a 2 foot 6 lb flouro leader to a size #8 hook, tied on with snell. And yes you may need to put in a split shot for some weight, but on line below the bobber but above the swivel. Use worms instead of power bait if you can use bait, you'll have much more luck.

Thats a pretty bold statement. Worms can work better than powerbait, but you know what? Sometimes powerbait can work better than worms. Why not bring both? Ive had plenty of success with both baits. A lot of people in BC use worm than a marshmellow so their worm will float a couple inches off the botttom.. either that or a corky.

fish-man
06-28-2010, 10:07 AM
Hello All

My question is did I set up my bobber and bait correctly?

I put the bobber at the top
Then below that the hook and bait
then below on the end i put a nail on it for wieght because the power bait floats on the surface so what would be the point of the bobber lol

Would this set up work or would the fish see the wieght and not take the bait?

Works for me, I use this setup (using a jig head or a sinker instead of a nail) all the time.

nicemustang
06-28-2010, 10:08 AM
Powerbait is fine if you want to catch the 6-8" put and take trout, if thats what you after. Go ahead, use it, who cares. The whole purpose of using a worm because its a live bait and it wiggles in the water. That's what gets the strike.

ericlin0122
06-28-2010, 10:57 AM
Its as simple as this .
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/86aeeda8.jpg
the picture is pretty self explanatory .

best illustration lol
ur drawing talent is better than mine :)

Guitarplayingfish
06-28-2010, 11:07 AM
Powerbait is fine if you want to catch the 6-8" put and take trout, if thats what you after. Go ahead, use it, who cares. The whole purpose of using a worm because its a live bait and it wiggles in the water. That's what gets the strike.

I Disagree with that. Maybe YOUR catching 6-8" trout on powerbait, and if thats the case I feel bad for you. Sure the wiggle of the worm helps, but Ive caught tons of fish on dead drowned worms, and on powerbait, and some nice ones too. It all depends on what the fish are attracted to that day.

nicemustang
06-28-2010, 11:34 AM
I've never seen anyone catch anything with powerbait. Nor have I ever owned any or WILL I. To each their own I guess. I don't fish trout in the summer but if I do I catch lots on worms under a bobber. No point on changing that. I'll stick to my walleye, thanks very much.

howlin
06-28-2010, 12:02 PM
i dont have much luck with powerbait,ill stick with real bait ,pluss real bait is digestible for the fish and biodegradable .i know there has been enhancements in the powerbait technologies that make it better but there is still to much stomach plugging plastics out there.

spinerfisher
06-28-2010, 12:46 PM
I've never seen anyone catch anything with powerbait. Nor have I ever owned any or WILL I. To each their own I guess. I don't fish trout in the summer but if I do I catch lots on worms under a bobber. No point on changing that. I'll stick to my walleye, thanks very much.

X2 on that. When ever i take my buddy with me he always has that powerbait. We get to the lake and same set up and always out do him on worms or cheese and he comes asking for my stuff. i learned to always bring extra when i take him out:sign0176: because he still buys that crap cause it looks cool and has scent. i tell him it might work for some places or people, but really never seen anyone do well on them.

walleyechaser
06-28-2010, 12:48 PM
im not the best trout fisher but I have caught many trout a lot bigger than 8 inches with pink powerbait, usually outfishes the worms where I fish

whitewolf
06-28-2010, 05:43 PM
anywhere i went it seems velveeta cheese rocks in the rainbow trouts world and if all else fails a worm with a mini marshmelow when you run out of cheese....lol

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
06-28-2010, 11:41 PM
best illustration lol
ur drawing talent is better than mine :)

Thank you . Its pretty simple with Paint program on the computer . Ive made several other ones aswell .