PDA

View Full Version : Weekend at Crawling

mcampb
06-27-2010, 11:31 PM
Crawling treated us pretty well this weekend. Tons of pike... mostly hammerhandles, but managed to get a few decent size, best was 9 lbs. Found the walleye in what I thought to be a weird location... 1 foot of water on a blisteringly hot day, clear water conditions and not a cloud in the sky... guess the sun doesn't hurt their eyes that much... tied into a few around 4-5 lbs.... caught on crankbaits. Saw a few eyes that looked in the 8 lbs range in the same depth... I think the key might be warm water right now...

floppychicken
06-28-2010, 02:41 AM
Crawling treated us pretty well this weekend. Tons of pike... mostly hammerhandles, but managed to get a few decent size, best was 9 lbs. Found the walleye in what I thought to be a weird location... 1 foot of water on a blisteringly hot day, clear water conditions and not a cloud in the sky... guess the sun doesn't hurt their eyes that much... tied into a few around 4-5 lbs.... caught on crankbaits. Saw a few eyes that looked in the 8 lbs range in the same depth... I think the key might be warm water right now...

Best Walleye Bite I've EVER had was in 3' to 7' of 74degree water, on a Bright 27 degree day with the 'odd' cloud.

Crazy Stuff...

ShoreAngler
06-28-2010, 07:35 AM
Was there on the Sunday there is a big ****er of a pike on the right of the bridge under that cart looking thing. See him come to the surface twice when i was reeling in.

I was catching all my pike to the right of the bridge. All together we got 8 pike in about 3-4hrs

Got a 5lb in less then 5mins when i was there.

My post http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=62790

The old man all so thought he seen perch in there all so. He was down and around the corner on the right hand side of the bridge.

Tuc
06-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Was in there on Saturday, one keeper out of 4 pike and a nice walleye.

riderpride55
06-28-2010, 06:45 PM
The old man all so thought he seen perch in there all so. He was down and around the corner on the right hand side of the bridge.

I have seen a few perch on the aquavu at CVR