PDA

View Full Version : Pike at Burntstick Lake

Scotty P.
06-28-2010, 11:47 AM
I'm not looking for any secrets but does anyone have any suggestions as to how many feet of water I should in to target Pike at Burtstick this time of year? The last couple of times I was there this year it's been really warm during the day and as it's heated up the fishing slowed way down (except the perch). Is there any point on fishing during the warm part of the day at all or should I really only be out in the early am and later in the afternoon?

nicemustang
06-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Well I had the same luck as you 2 weeks ago. Unless we were out early morning or late evening, might as well not have been fishing pike. Water too clear and too sunny I guess. For what it's worth, the best fishing for us was far south end in the lily pads. Pike, walleye and perch in there although we didn't get any big perch like the last few years. Buzz baits or perch raps or rattlin raps worked for us. I didn't try any deeper water techniques that weekend but i'd use a trolls to rap (to 15') and start in 20 FOW if it were me.

Chris84
06-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Was out there last weekend, and had our luck at the south end as well. We spotted lots of pike in 3-4ft of water but didn't catch too many. I was having luck on a few shiny spoons, anything with silver. We got some small perch too, had pretty good luck with the perch at the north end.

Good luck