PDA

View Full Version : Sray Lake Help

68firebird
06-28-2010, 01:42 PM
I am heading out to Spray on Thursday and would appreciate any tips or help in cathcing thoose lakers. I do have a boat and downriggers, I am taking a friends dad form Ontario and would like to make his trip memroable. In the past I have tried whats seems to be everything, panthers, smelts, spoons ect. Any help or suggestions would be great

Thanks

:sign0176:

bowfin
06-28-2010, 02:07 PM
i would head up the lake to were the spray river comes into the lake you can go pretty far up the river drop anchor is river and fly fish for cutts and lots of lakers check the regs no bait in the river i think its about a 20-30 min up the lake watch out for dead heads in the lake

nicemustang
06-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Do you have a good fish finder? Know how to fish just above the thermocline? I'm not sure on water temp or if its stratified, but it must be getting close. Also don't know how the water levels are. But I'd troll above the thermocline if thats the case. Else, jig with a white tub jig or white buzz bomb in 15-40 FOW.

68firebird
06-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Thanks very much guys, I hope the bite is on.

blackmamba
06-29-2010, 09:49 PM
was there on the weekend , water levels are really low and trolling wasn t working very well !! we tried every depth and ended up jiggin in 45 -60ft of water !! most fish were caught in the high 50s but found larger numbers in the mid 40 ft range!! Good luck

mamba