PDA

View Full Version : N.SASK RIVER QUESTION:Taking friend & his son fishing.

Need More Fish'n time
06-28-2010, 01:57 PM
I'm taking my friend & his 13 year old son fishing tonight on the NSR. None of us have ever fished in the river but I've done a lot of reading in this forum for tips. Anyone know of a good area in the west end on the river? Perhaps off the Henday where the bridge is? Blackmud? Wedgwood? Or are we better to go to another spot? His boy is really excited and everyone is looking to me for the right spot...

All tips are very welcomed! Lures & other advise too! We will try some spoons (LT 5o'D & red/whites) + some rigs with hooks & minnows.

timsesink
06-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Hey
Around the Henday bridge is defently a good spot I haven't been skunked yet. The west side has some nice eddies and holes where you can pull goldeyes and pike out of with the occasional walleye. What you have sounds great for doing the job the only thing you might want to add is shiny spoon for goldeye or a decent sized spinner for goldeye.

Need More Fish'n time
06-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Hey
Around the Henday bridge is defently a good spot I haven't been skunked yet. The west side has some nice eddies and holes where you can pull goldeyes and pike out of with the occasional walleye. What you have sounds great for doing the job the only thing you might want to add is shiny spoon for goldeye or a decent sized spinner for goldeye.

Thanks for the tips. Do people C&R everything or do you eat the Goldeye. I've always been wary of fish from the river... perhaps I shouldn't be?

Darren N
06-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the tips. Do people C&R everything or do you eat the Goldeye. I've always been wary of fish from the river... perhaps I shouldn't be?

You can eat something like one fish per week, but I never ventured the idea. I do all my fishing on the river inside of Edmonton. Sometimes spin cast with black rubber jigs, or even flyfish with a sinking line for walleyes, or on top for the gold eyes. I have drove by the Anthony Henday south west end but not sure where to park and walk down the hill?