PDA

View Full Version : Has Mt.Lorette been stocked yet?

Battery
06-29-2010, 12:58 AM
Want to take the girlfriend out fishing tomorrow, and i know Mt.Lorette is a great place to go for beginners. She has never caught a fish so I'd like to take her there. Has it been stocked?

Thanks
Battery

jts1
06-29-2010, 07:12 AM
I have not checked the report yet for it. But I am sure they have dropped some fish in there. The other thing that I am sure of is that IF they have stocked it. It has been fished out. I have never seen anything like it. This little pond is the extreme. It has been set up for kids and elderly. Wheel chairs are able to access the whole of the pond. So I dont fish it , I think it should be left for the reason it was built. Yes it is a public pond and yes you and anyone has a right to fish there. But this place gets lined up shoulder to shoulder when it is freshly stocked. In just a matter of a few days you can go from seeing tons of fish in there to it becoming as empty as a swimming pool.

Calgaryguy1977
06-29-2010, 07:15 AM
I think it may have been fished out because I know it was stocked at least 3-4 weeks ago. As I came across it and caught two there both over 12 inches. That said, I think the fishing there is designed for the handicapped....lol.

ORV
06-29-2010, 07:32 AM
don,t waste your time! there are no fish left. we went there a couple
sundays ago because sibbald meadows pond was elbow to elbow.
walked all the way to the end. no fish in sight at all except
for 8 or ten dead ones on the bottom. some with heads cut off.
it was disgusting.beautiful spot with great access.
it is really pis.ed me off to see that.that is a whole other thread in itself.
so once again. save the shoe leather for there.

orv.

WayneChristie
06-29-2010, 07:38 PM
I was there a few years ago, used to take my kids there when they were small. The ponds were full of dead trout, hundreds of them. I call Sam Livingston hatchery, they said the water in the truck overheated and all the trout died so they just dumped them in anyways. Stupidest thing Ive ever heard, or one of them anyways. Way to pollute the water!

mistamikel
06-29-2010, 11:54 PM
I was there a few days ago and a week before thast because I wasnted my little girl to catch her first fish, I saw nothing but a few babies (minnows) in there. Try Sibbald lake as I hooked 6 in an hour there.

Sundancefisher
06-30-2010, 07:35 AM
I was there a few days ago and a week before thast because I wasnted my little girl to catch her first fish, I saw nothing but a few babies (minnows) in there. Try Sibbald lake as I hooked 6 in an hour there.

This lake is a prime example as to why certain put and take fisheries need reduced limits to prolong the harvest and extend the sport fishing fun for others. To many guys fish that lake and remove limit after limit.

I personally would not mind that lake going strictly catch and release for everyone but handicapped people. They can have 2 fish. Then at least...someone can catch something other than a mosquito a week after stocking.

Send an email to F&W...

IMHO