PDA

View Full Version : Brazeau dam/ Drayton valley

Douglar
06-29-2010, 06:21 AM
Working near drayton....just wondering if anyone knows any good spots. I went to brazeau a few days ago fir the first time and didn't know where to start... Are the canals better than the reservoir? Looking to catch walleye and pike...also there's a sign when you pull into the campground that has all the species of trout on it. Are they all in the lake? Or are there rivers and streams around that hold trout.. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

farmkid89
06-29-2010, 04:01 PM
I just pulled into drayton today as well. Whats the flyfishing like?

Douglar
06-29-2010, 10:22 PM
I guess nobody fishes in dv Lol

floppychicken
06-29-2010, 11:22 PM
ALSO WONDERING A COUPLE OF THINGS...

Can you launch a 17'er in the reservoir? Never been there and would like to go and catch some 'Nice Fish'.

Cheers,

Acadienflyfish
06-30-2010, 01:28 AM
yes you can lauch a boat in the reservoir . there is pike and bull in the reservoir and pike in the canal but the water is really dirty so i dont know how is the fishing right now . there is some nice creek around dv like rat creek and dismal both hold grayling and trout

floppychicken
06-30-2010, 10:39 AM
yes you can lauch a boat in the reservoir . there is pike and bull in the reservoir and pike in the canal but the water is really dirty so i dont know how is the fishing right now . there is some nice creek around dv like rat creek and dismal both hold grayling and trout

Thanks!!

2tall4u
06-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Fished the Brazeau canal a few weeks ago ,under the bridge . very slow my freind only caught one pike .

angler1
06-30-2010, 05:45 PM
That is probobly the best spot in the whole canal. Some very nice pike have been caught there over the years. Thats it, I am going to hell.

floppychicken
07-01-2010, 02:02 AM
That is probobly the best spot in the whole canal. Some very nice pike have been caught there over the years. Thats it, I am going to hell.

BAHAHAHAHAH... Funny Shiz.... lol

BTW, can one get into that Canal with a boat? And is it advisable? I forgot to ask if there was any 'underwater hazards' a person should be looking out for, both in the RESERVOIR and the CANAL?

Cheers, :)

angler1
07-01-2010, 06:13 AM
Yes you can launch a boat. There is a nice concrete boat launch at the campsite on the canal. As for hazards, there are some dead heads to watch out for and a couple of shallow spots. Nothing too serious though. If you go into the reservoir watch out for floating wood that comes down the river. Just be carefull and you will have no problems. If you see a green Outlaw jetboat flying a Canadian flag, wave , or better yet, stop me. I always like to meet fellow forum members. Enjoy :sHa_shakeshout:

Squeeker
07-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Were you down there on Wed nite? Think we might have crossed paths briefly, were you pulling your boat behind your 5th wheel around 10-10:30ish? We were coming back into the launch as you were going across the bridge. My friend was trying out his newly accquired SS POS to get some bugs worked out. Little brother lost a really good Bull that was the only bite of the night.:sign0176: haha. Maybe next time he wont let his line go slack hehehe.

angler1
07-04-2010, 09:15 AM
Nope was not there Wednesday, but we did have a good run yesterday. A bunch of us in jetboats made the long run up to the falls. A challenging run to be sure. We did catch a few cutties and a couple of decent bullies but that was above the FTR. The canyon part of that run is spectacular!!:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout: