PDA

View Full Version : star hasse spring big enough for a boat? or a better lake close to edmonton?

hustler
06-30-2010, 08:34 AM
Ive been hitting a few ponds as of later and I really want to start getting the boat wet.
Any lakes close to edmonton for trout/perch big enough i wont look like a tool bringing a 19 ft to?
Almost winter now......lol.... ill have plenty of time for the lawn chair and tent soon enough got to get at the very least the trolling motor on and get some pan fries :)
Thanks for the help guys.

hustler
06-30-2010, 08:52 AM
the reason i ask here is its quite the ordeal to pack up the boat and take the big truck out. My buddy said there was a good launch at chickakoo....... went shore fishing there and it must be for canoes....lol

Elk Chaser
06-30-2010, 09:02 AM
You won't get it into Hasse as the boat launch is about 3 ft long and then you sink up to your armpits in loon poop.

hustler
06-30-2010, 11:38 AM
so there is 2 off my list....
Anyone know a lake big enough for a boat with trout and perch close to edmonton?
Did carson a few weeks ago but thats a weekend trip, im looking for something close enough to get out a few hours.

ghostguy6
06-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Jackfish lake is big enough for a boat but its a pike and walleye lake. Im told there are perch in it but I have never seen any. Its about a 5 minute drive from Hasse.

hustler
06-30-2010, 05:56 PM
Jackfish lake eh?
Ill have to check it out. Im on a small fish kick right now giving the pike a break, never used 4lb test before so im trying to get the hang of small tackel fishing :) but it seems its all from shore around the city