PDA

View Full Version : Green Lake, Saskatchewan.

AK47
06-30-2010, 08:51 AM
Anyone been there for fishing? Looking to head that way in August. Any fishing info would be appreciated.

nicemustang
06-30-2010, 09:29 AM
Where is green lake? never heard of it.

AK47
06-30-2010, 09:33 AM
http://www.greenlakelodge.ca/

well, I found this and it looks like nice spot to spend a week with family and have some good fishing as well. Check the limits:)... sure it is nice difference from Alberta.

mooseknuckle
06-30-2010, 09:48 AM
Just posted a thread on suggestions for sask camping and fishing and I found this!!!! Green lake lodge looks really nice, maybe i'll see ya there!!

nicemustang
06-30-2010, 09:55 AM
Yes does look quite nice. Although I don't know it.

usually fishing in sk is good, people are better. Just start asking when you get there, people will tell you where to go and what to use.

goose
06-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Hi there, my sister has a cabin right beside the lodge at green lake. Walleye are in the lake and usually you have to travel down the lake a bit to find them. To find them I bottom bounce with spinner blades in perch colour. The lake is narrow but really long. The perch fishing isn't too bad right beside the river at the north end of the lake. The river can be very productive as well don't be afraid to travel up it to where it meets the beaver river.
hope this helps
goose

RUBBERDUCKY
06-30-2010, 10:29 AM
Green lake is good for walleyes, pike and perch. Used to fish it all the time when I lived back home. wst side of the lake about a mile and a half from the river mouth, 15-20 ft depth using bottom bouncers and perch spinner blades. Limit in walleye in under 3 hours sometimes.

AK47
06-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Just posted a thread on suggestions for sask camping and fishing and I found this!!!! Green lake lodge looks really nice, maybe i'll see ya there!!

Maybe if you going for first two weeks in August. Let me know:)

Big Schnizz
08-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Did any of you make it up there? Curious as to how it went and what worked well. Plan on being up there next month to try it out.

jediablo
08-16-2012, 11:41 AM
I grew up just south of Green Lake. It's a pretty good lake for Pike and Walleye. You can do well just trolling around in 10-20 feet of water (depending on water temperature) using Rapala Rattlin' Raps (http://www.rapala.com/Rattlin-Rapala/Rattlin%20Rapala,default,pd.html) or Berkley Flicker Shads (http://www.berkley-fishing.com/products/hard-bait/crankbaits/flicker-shad)

Unclerj
08-16-2012, 04:48 PM
We were up there a few years ago. It was pretty windy when we were there so we just headed up the small river to the Beaver River and fished up there. Caught quite a few walleye.

Buck9
08-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Try what the locals call 5mile bay. As it states 5 miles down the lake on the east side. The lake makes a small "S" shape at this distance. Fish off the point with jig head tipped with minnow, used to work real well, but have not been there for a while. Drops off quick fish this ledge. May even catch the odd Mariha

bighorn1
08-17-2012, 12:39 AM
fished the lake for the past 20 years, if your after walleye head up the river till you hit the bever and fork to the left, if its bike pike your after head to the south end of the lake along the west bank. if you need any pointers send me a pm

Big Schnizz
08-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the info! I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

bowhunter79
08-29-2012, 08:50 PM
How did you do? Looking to head up there in the next couple weeks looking to find some perch any suggestions?

bsnyder
09-01-2012, 07:37 AM
How did you do? Looking to head up there in the next couple weeks looking to find some perch any suggestions?

perch are back in cowan too.Kidds catching them right off town dock -yaho