PDA

View Full Version : My Dads first and only whitetail

Elkaholic6
06-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Just thought I'd share my Dads first and only whitetail buck to date. He shot it when he was 28 and is turning 50 this year. I got 12 more years to shoot one bigger then 192 haha. Scored 192 gross and 182 net.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll219/0lansky/x2_6261ad.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll219/0lansky/IMG00133-20100630-2145.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll219/0lansky/IMG00059-20091025-1356.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll219/0lansky/IMG00061-20091025-1357.jpg

Triple Threat
06-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!

Donny Bear
07-01-2010, 06:26 AM
Cool thoes BT's are wicked and the kickers neat I'am curious about the measurements would love to see them.

Awsome one and only and I hope you do as well!!!

Elkaholic6
07-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Here's my one and only to date also. Shot it 2 years ago. My Dad was gonna shoot it and asked if I wanted to shoot it, so I couldn't turn it down right? Haha.
Scored 138 net.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll219/0lansky/HUNTING002-1.jpg?t=1278002281

BrownBear416
07-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Great bucks man and thx for sharing..

Ps get a damn haircut :sHa_shakeshout:

Elkaholic6
07-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Great bucks man and thx for sharing..

Ps get a damn haircut :sHa_shakeshout:

Thanks haha. Don't worry I did haha. The chicks digged it though haha :love0025:

pseelk
07-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Really nice deer Your dads has lots of character.

pottymouth
07-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Thanks haha. Don't worry I did haha. The chicks digged it though haha :love0025:

LOL you and hunter10 must be cut from the same cloth, took a year of harassing to get his lid trimmed.

Thats a great whitey forsure, congrats to your dad. Congrats on your first whitey hopefully with many more to come. .

hunter10
07-01-2010, 08:32 PM

So true, they do. BB416 is just jealous because he can't grow hair!

Stop Staring at my Rack
07-02-2010, 12:18 AM
Very nice!

flint
07-02-2010, 06:58 AM
Nice buck kid! Look up one of the Tiffen boys in Salt Priarie....they know where the big one's are. It might take a few years to beat your dad's buck but your living in the right area to bag a monster. Three years ago I saw a typical buck at a taxidermist in Slave Lake that was taken near High Prairie. If it was a little tiny bigger it might of threatened the Hanson buck for the title.

leo
07-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Nice buck kid! Look up one of the Tiffen boys in Salt Priarie....they know where the big one's are. It might take a few years to beat your dad's buck but your living in the right area to bag a monster. Three years ago I saw a typical buck at a taxidermist in Slave Lake that was taken near High Prairie. If it was a little tiny bigger it might of threatened the Hanson buck for the title.

Yup them Tiffen boys know where to find big deer alright. I worked with their father for a couple years. Great hunting through out the High Prairie area, but getting to be too many wolves in some areas.

Elkaholic6
07-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Haha yeah I know who they are. They had 30 bears at there bait in one time this year haha. But Salt Prairie is getting SLAMMED by wolves last couple winters. We've started hunting there this year, just so hard to hunt the bush. Gonna try for some permission this season. My Dad didn't shoot his too far from there too.

nube
07-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Elk6 don't take this the wrong way but I am finding it hard to find 192 on that deer. I usually can judge them pretty good but I am having a hard time with this one. Can you give us some idea of the measurements. It is very deceiving when it is on the wall. Got any field pics of it? I love the way the main beam sweeps up so much and maybe it is that part that is throwing me off.

Steven Noel
07-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Here's my one and only to date also. Shot it 2 years ago. My Dad was gonna shoot it and asked if I wanted to shoot it, so I couldn't turn it down right? Haha.
Scored 138 net.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll219/0lansky/HUNTING002-1.jpg?t=1278002281

NICE! Thats a BEAUTIFUL garage in a box!!!!

Dears ok too...

whitetail Junkie
07-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Elk6 don't take this the wrong way but I am finding it hard to find 192 on that deer. I usually can judge them pretty good but I am having a hard time with this one. Can you give us some idea of the measurements. It is very deceiving when it is on the wall. Got any field pics of it? I love the way the main beam sweeps up so much and maybe it is that part that is throwing me off.

:snapoutofit: Give your Head a Shake,even if you think the buck does'nt score what it does,why would you be Rude and post something Negative?I dont know how elk6 feels but i'm taking your arragance the wrong way,You can be quite a piece of work at times.

whitetail Junkie
07-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Haha yeah I know who they are. They had 30 bears at there bait in one time this year haha. But Salt Prairie is getting SLAMMED by wolves last couple winters. We've started hunting there this year, just so hard to hunt the bush. Gonna try for some permission this season. My Dad didn't shoot his too far from there too.

Next,Time you see the Tiffin's,tell them that the Villemaire's say hi.It does'nt surprise me that your dad shot The Big guy around the salt prarie area.The last year we hunted that spot a guy 1\2 mile down the road from me shot a 210" buck hunting where the bush meets the Farmland(alphalfa).& I did see two black wolves when I was hunting with Travis.They were 500yards down a cutline,we both missed.Good luck this Fall!!! WJ

nube
07-03-2010, 02:59 PM
:snapoutofit: Give your Head a Shake,even if you think the buck does'nt score what it does,why would you be Rude and post something Negative?I dont know how elk6 feels but i'm taking your arragance the wrong way,You can be quite a piece of work at times.

It wasn't negative at all. I just asked for a little help on where it all adds up and I said it very politely. I'm not interested in putting down a young kid. But I would like to know where I am missing on scoring that beast. And by the way with the PM's I am getting there are quite a few with the same questions and are just as curious. Glad to see your back at being your normal self again.

jaylow?
07-03-2010, 03:08 PM
It wasn't negative at all. I just asked for a little help on where it all adds up and I said it very politely. I'm not interested in putting down a young kid. But I would like to know where I am missing on scoring that beast. And by the way with the PM's I am getting there are quite a few with the same questions and are just as curious. Glad to see your back at being your normal self again.

probably like that buck in the last issue of bb magazine . i just dont see it myself either. i was thinking 170" in or around that?

sheepguide
07-03-2010, 03:11 PM

Looked to me like Nube was asking a question as to what he was missing when trying to score the deer. A whitetail expert such as your self should know that the only way to learn and get good at live scoring a deer is by doing exactly what Nube is doing.
He never said the person was lying just what the measurments that he had different were.
SG

diamonddave
07-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Typicall villemair fashion.......

nube
07-03-2010, 03:56 PM
probably like that buck in the last issue of bb magazine . i just dont see it myself either. i was thinking 170" in or around that?

Like i said earlier it may just be the pictures as it is hard to tell on the wall.
Sheepguide , you got it right in exactly why i am asking. You only get good at scoring if you try to figure them all out and learn from your mistakes.

That one in BB a while back had a few of us stumped as well. Inever could figure that one out as well but I don't think it would be misleading as I think it was scored proffesionally. Who knows. Just trying to hone the skills a bit is all. No offence Elk6 as i am not trying to say you are trying to mislead anyone. It would be nice to have some of the stats at least. I think his main beam is bigger than I think it is. tough to tell when it sweeps up like it does at times.

BrownBear416
07-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Like i said earlier it may just be the pictures as it is hard to tell on the wall.
Sheepguide , you got it right in exactly why i am asking. You only get good at scoring if you try to figure them all out and learn from your mistakes.

That one in BB a while back had a few of us stumped as well. Inever could figure that one out as well but I don't think it would be misleading as I think it was scored proffesionally. Who knows. Just trying to hone the skills a bit is all. No offence Elk6 as i am not trying to say you are trying to mislead anyone. It would be nice to have some of the stats at least. I think his main beam is bigger than I think it is. tough to tell when it sweeps up like it does at times.

I emailed the guy that killed it but I never got a reply :budo: Its to bad as I was curious as well..

nube
07-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Am I really off base on this one as well? Should I have kept my mouth shut or are there a bunch of guys wanting to try and learn something here? Sorry if I sound like i am stiring the pot as it was not my intention.

AxeMan
07-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Am I really off base on this one as well? Should I have kept my mouth shut or are there a bunch of guys wanting to try and learn something here? Sorry if I sound like i am stiring the pot as it was not my intention.

Nube, you are fine and offended no one except for maybe Whitetail Junkie but I stopped taking that guy seriously a long time ago. Anyone who posts a nice deer with a score should welcome any kudos, scrutiny, or constructive debate of any kind. Anyone who wades in and says you are being negative is just being a shat disturber. I have some of the same questions as you, Nube.

Elkaholic6, thanks for posting the pics of the great deer.

flint
07-03-2010, 05:33 PM

Why didn't you just leave things as they were. Elk6 dad's buck is a beautiful trophy, and why would you question the score? I congradulated the kid on the nice bucks and gave some oldtimer advice where to hunt and who to contact. You spelled my surname wrong again Diamondave, you can find the proper spelling in this issue of Big Buck Magazine....first story.;)

Sorry kid, please say high to the Tiffens for me.:)

sheepguide
07-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Why didn't you just leave things as they were. Elk6 dad's buck is a beautiful trophy, and why would you question the score? I congradulated the kid on the nice bucks and gave some oldtimer advice where to hunt and who to contact. You spelled my surname wrong again Diamondave, you can find the proper spelling in this issue of Big Buck Magazine....first story.;)

Sorry kid, please say high to the Tiffens for me.:)

Ooooooh so getting your name in big buck once makes you something?

Nube didnt mean anything disrespectful. He was trying to score it and couldnt get the same number so he asked where he(himself) went wrong.
He never said the buck didnt score that.
You too are real pieces of work. Ill give the both of you a free all expenses guided sheep hunt just to be able to set you guys in your place!
Oh and you can get the spelling of my name in more than one article in the Wild sheep magazine, Mountain hunter, and many in the Grand Slam/Ovis. So does that make me a hero too?
SG

Rocks
07-03-2010, 06:37 PM

I don't think you were off base. I thought the same thing as you did when I first saw that deer, like you said some are hard to judge, so I'm glad you asked, and you did ask very politely IMO. I don't think Elkaholic should be offended.

Nice deer by the way Elk6, both yours and your dad's!

mudbug
07-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Great deer guys, they're bigger than anything I've gotten :)

whitetail Junkie
07-03-2010, 08:37 PM
A whitetail expert such as your self should know that the only way to learn and get good at live scoring a deer is by doing exactly what Nube is doing.

SG

:lol: You made my Night SG

ishootbambi
07-03-2010, 08:43 PM
ill take you up on that sheep hunt darcy, :sHa_shakeshout:
i gotta admit, the score in my head isnt quite what was posted either. sometimes pics just dont show true size, so Elk6, can you give us some measurements please?

whitetail Junkie
07-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Looked to me like Nube was asking a question as to what he was missing when trying to score the deer. A whitetail expert such as your self should know that the only way to learn and get good at live scoring a deer is by doing exactly what Nube is doing.
He never said the person was lying just what the measurments that he had different were.
SG

speaking of scores,i'm trying to figure out which Five bucks in your pics on the other thread you have score over 160" and which Buck net's BS,I mean B&C??? Some of them pic-ups are OK,but most look like they would just score in the low 150's Tops.however pictures AAAAre deciving, I'm just asking though,so I get better at scoreing live deer while i'm hunting:confused0068:

outdoors forever
07-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Elkaholic6, where are you from? Do you live around the Salt Prairie / High Prairie area? Just wondering.....those are my stomping grounds!:)

flint
07-04-2010, 09:19 AM
ill take you up on that sheep hunt darcy, :sHa_shakeshout:
i gotta admit, the score in my head isnt quite what was posted either. sometimes pics just dont show true size, so Elk6, can you give us some measurements please?

Is that the bottom line......the score? To question this kid's integrity and honesty about his dad's buck. Is the score more important than asking for the story how the deer was harvested? This is a kid, our next generation of hunters. It appears that the buck might of been taken a few years ago and who may know where the score sheet is and who cares except for a few without consideration for a kid? Even the infamous road hunter questioned himself if his question was appropiate. If it scored 192 or 152 who cares. If you have a bag of morals or values then reach inside and use it for a change! I congradulated this kid on the deer, encouraged him that there are big bucks in the area, gave advice where to hunt and who to talk to. I hope that this kid's father is still around.

leo
07-04-2010, 09:22 AM
Elkaholic6, where are you from? Do you live around the Salt Prairie / High Prairie area? Just wondering.....those are my stomping grounds!:)

Mine too ..:sHa_sarcasticlol:...:)

forest walker
07-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Is that the bottom line......the score? To question this kid's integrity and honesty about his dad's buck. Is the score more important than asking for the story how the deer was harvested? This is a kid, our next generation of hunters. It appears that the buck might of been taken a few years ago and who may know where the score sheet is and who cares except for a few without consideration for a kid? Even the infamous road hunter questioned himself if his question was appropiate. If it scored 192 or 152 who cares. If you have a bag of morals or values then reach inside and use it for a change! I congradulated this kid on the deer, encouraged him that there are big bucks in the area, gave advice where to hunt and who to talk to. I hope that this kid's father is still around.

I have read this whole thread now 2 times and I think you are not reading this right Flint.
The bottom line is not the score. The bottom was trying to figure out where nube (and the rest of the posters ) are going wrong on their scoring abilities.
Nube said it very nicely and from the looks of it many guys here are trying to figure out where they went wrong. They are not putting down the deer at all and they all congratulated him as well.
I am not sure if Flint and Whitetail Junkie are trying to ruffle some feathers or what here for fun but you guys are trying to turn this into something it is not. Seems liek you do that a lot on this forum as well.
I hope next time you will take the time to read a little bit.

Elkaholic 6, it is a very nice deer. I am not very good at scoring so I will not even attempt my thoughts on it. I wouldn't get worked up about it either. Maybe some clarification on a few measurements might help all of these guys out. I have hunted for a long time and only have one that is as nice as that. But then again I usually shoot the first buck that comes along and gives me a decent shot.

sheepguide
07-04-2010, 11:16 AM
speaking of scores,i'm trying to figure out which Five bucks in your pics on the other thread you have score over 160" and which Buck net's BS,I mean B&C??? Some of them pic-ups are OK,but most look like they would just score in the low 150's Tops.however pictures AAAAre deciving, I'm just asking though,so I get better at scoreing live deer while i'm hunting:confused0068:

Well come on out one day and you can score them yourselves. It wouldnt matter what I said you would disagree so im not wasting my time on some half wit pair of wanna bees that figure they are the **** when it comes to hunting because the have killed a couple deer. You two seem to try and start a fight on every thread you go to and the only ones that idolize you two is umm... you two. So until you can post more than a couple years worth of whitetail pics and a few others that someone else guided or took ill just look at you as another guy that his hunting group may think is extreme but once you got on AO you realized your inequalities. So good luck in the future but I have better things to do than waste my time with the likes of you wing nutts.
SG

whitetail Junkie
07-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Well come on out one day and you can score them yourselves. It wouldnt matter what I said you would disagree so im not wasting my time
SG

Just what I thought sheep guide!!! Thanks for coming out:happy0034:

BS thats all the band could play,BS thats what they played all day,BS,BS.:lol::lol::lol:

sheepguide
07-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Just what I thought sheep guide!!! Thanks for coming out:happy0034:

BS thats all the band could play,BS thats what they played all day,BS,BS.:lol::lol::lol:

LOL ya actually there isnt one over 120" I just like to make myself feel good.
I bow down you are a true god. Cant stop looking at the whole 4 or 5 animals that you have posted that you have supposably shot.
Id cower in the corner now but some of us guys have Sheep, Goat, Elk, Moose, Bufallo, Grizz, and Blk Bear hunts to plan for as well as the infamouse hardest creatures in the word deer hunts. Oh and then get ready for cougar season. And after that if work permits some wolf hunting.
SG

Oh and hope some day you grow into your head.:sHa_shakeshout:

flint
07-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Well come on out one day and you can score them yourselves. It wouldnt matter what I said you would disagree so im not wasting my time on some half wit pair of wanna bees that figure they are the **** when it comes to hunting because the have killed a couple deer. You two seem to try and start a fight on every thread you go to and the only ones that idolize you two is umm... you two. So until you can post more than a couple years worth of whitetail pics and a few others that someone else guided or took ill just look at you as another guy that his hunting group may think is extreme but once you got on AO you realized your inequalities. So good luck in the future but I have better things to do than waste my time with the likes of you wing nutts.
SG

We have a right to an opinion just like you and everyone else. I just question some people's morals, values and hunting methods whenever I read some of these posts. Just because "you" think that your the sheep hunting guide/God dosen't mean that you can act childish by calling names and making belittling remarks. However, inbetween time you better get back on your medication or receive some kind of professional counciling. Show consideration for others, especially the new generation hunters.;)

BrownBear416
07-04-2010, 12:18 PM
We have a right to an opinion just like you and everyone else. I just question some people's morals, values and hunting methods whenever I read some of these posts. Just because "you" think that your the Whitetail hunting guide/God dosen't mean that you can act childish by calling names and making belittling remarks. However, inbetween time you better get back on your medication or receive some kind of professional counciling. Show consideration for others, especially the new generation hunters.;)

Look at that I changed one word in your statement and it pretty much can be turned around and pointed right at you.That is exactly what you have done on almost every thread,under every name you have had on here. Hey Kettle I think the pots talking to you. :sHa_shakeshout:

whitetail Junkie
07-04-2010, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=sheepguide;622824]
Cant stop looking at the whole 4 or 5 animals that you have posted that you have supposably shot.
season. And after that if work permits
QUOTE]

Animals I supposably shot hey???:) Now I know that I am getting 2yaa:lol:
& clean that cellar out good,Strip the Pipe,mush mule mush!!!

buckbrushoutdoors
07-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Look at that I changed one word in your statement and it pretty much can be turned around and pointed right at you.That is exactly what you have done on almost every thread,under every name you have had on here. Hey Kettle I think the pots talking to you. :sHa_shakeshout:

My thoughts exactly you 2 think your Gods gift to hunting but all you do on here is bring negativity and stupid little remarks. Go back and read all your posts I bet 99% percent have some stupid little fights involved in them.

Check yourselfs

whitetail Junkie
07-04-2010, 12:49 PM
My thoughts exactly you 2 think your Gods gift to hunting but all you do on here is bring negativity and stupid little remarks. Go back and read all your posts I bet 99% percent have some stupid little fights involved in them.

Check yourselfs

I dont think that i'm god's gift to hunting.Trust me,There are alot of people that I look up to.But I will call a spade a spade,and when people lie,I will call them out.

sheepguide
07-04-2010, 12:59 PM
[QUOTE=sheepguide;622824]
Cant stop looking at the whole 4 or 5 animals that you have posted that you have supposably shot.
season. And after that if work permits
QUOTE]

Animals I supposably shot hey???:) Now I know that I am getting 2yaa:lol:
& clean that cellar out good,Strip the Pipe,mush mule mush!!!

LOL good to see you have no clue what I do for a living. If your going to knock someones proffesion at least be smart enough to get it right.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

The whole argument started over guys complimenting the deer and then trying to score it. They couldnt come up with the same score so they asked where they went wrong. And then were called out on being rude about it. There was nothing rude about it and many have stated that. There only seems to be two guys that have a problem and the only reason is they are **** disturbers.

If you have personal issues with me all three of us can deal with that in person. If you wanna compare hunting abilities and have a cock measuring contest we can go that route also but this thread is about a guys whitetail, if him or his son have an issue with guys asking some measurments then thats up to them not two yahoos that just wanna fight.
SG

whitetail Junkie
07-04-2010, 01:09 PM
[QUOTE=whitetail Junkie;622842]

LOL good to see you have no clue what I do for a living. If your going to knock someones proffesion at least be smart enough to get it right.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

The whole argument started over guys complimenting the deer and then trying to score it. They couldnt come up with the same score so they asked where they went wrong. And then were called out on being rude about it. There was nothing rude about it and many have stated that. There only seems to be two guys that have a problem and the only reason is they are **** disturbers.

If you have personal issues with me all three of us can deal with that in person. If you wanna compare hunting abilities and have a cock measuring contest we can go that route also but this thread is about a guys whitetail, if him or his son have an issue with guys asking some measurments then thats up to them not two yahoos that just wanna fight.
SG

Agreed we can take this over to the 900 club thread,I know that Ishootbambi is also waiting to see these Bucks aswell.We Are Waiting!!!!

flint
07-04-2010, 01:28 PM
[QUOTE=sheepguide;622867]

Agreed we can take this over to the 900 club thread,I know that Ishootbambi is also waiting to see these Bucks aswell.We Are Waiting!!!!

(Just to Add On)The whole clan is waiting, lets see some score sheets....but take your medication first we don't want you to double any final numbers. Moreover, we want the score's of the bucks shot on foot, in the bush and not from the pick-up truck......fair chase the old fashion way......Les Benoit way. Think you can handle that Sheepguide God. Don't forget your medication.

sheepguide
07-04-2010, 01:47 PM
[QUOTE=sheepguide;622867]

I showed you the pics of the whitetails that I have pics of. There is a 172 net on the wall that cant be scored due to busting off a bunch of points. I have all the points in a bag and have a field pic at home I can scan when im there. The buck on my livingroom wall is 167" net as a 7x7 and grossed mid 170's. There is a buck in the snow im holding by a bale that nets 161.
There is also a buck on the beam that nets 163 as a 5x5 with 14" g2's

167net

Buck on the left 172" just over 20"spread 15 scorable points
Shot him at -30 running and when he fell he busted a bunch off
Still found all the pieces though.

163" 5x5 14"g2's

161" net 168 gross.

Many of the deer I cant remember measurments as many were shot 20yrs ago. Im done trying to proove anything to you whitetail junkie. Your just a guy that only hunts deer and only for a few seasons I have no reason to continue this any farther.

Oh and im still waiting for pics of "your" other acomplishments that have made you such a great hunter. You have killed a couple good bucks and ill give you credit or your dad how ever that works but that seems to be your only accomplishments and the way you talk you know alot about all types of hunting.
SG

sheepguide
07-04-2010, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=whitetail Junkie;622876]

(Just to Add On)The whole clan is waiting, lets see some score sheets....but take your medication first we don't want you to double any final numbers. Moreover, we want the score's of the bucks shot on foot, in the bush and not from the pick-up truck......fair chase the old fashion way......Les Benoit way. Think you can handle that Sheepguide God. Don't forget your medication.

So now your gunna acuse me of road hunting? You have no idea how anyone here hunts. Maybe you guys should proove that you didnt harvest your deer out the window of the truck or on some game farm.

For one Ive never had any animal officialy scored and never will. I personaly live for the hunt not the bragging rights of a score sheet or magazine article. I shot a 120" whitetail with my 2 young boys the first year they tagged along with me and that buck means more than any deer ive shot or any 200" typical deer out there. I hunt and harvest what I feel is a trophy to me. If you dont like that then kiss my ass.
SG

whitetail Junkie
07-04-2010, 04:10 PM

I showed you the pics of the whitetails that I have pics of. There is a 172 net on the wall that cant be scored due to busting off a bunch of points. I have all the points in a bag and have a field pic at home I can scan when im there. The buck on my livingroom wall is 167" net as a 7x7 and grossed mid 170's. There is a buck in the snow im holding by a bale that nets 161.

167net

163" 5x5 14"g2's

161" net 168 gross.

Many of the deer I cant remember measurments as many were shot 20yrs ago. Im done trying to proove anything to you whitetail junkie. Your just a guy that only hunts deer and only for a few seasons I have no reason to continue this any farther.

Oh and im still waiting for pics of "your" other acomplishments that have made you such a great hunter. You have killed a couple good bucks and ill give you credit or your dad how ever that works but that seems to be your only accomplishments and the way you talk you know alot about all types of hunting.
SG

Like I said earlier,some of them pic-ups are ok and the one buck is nice,but other than that,thanks for coming out sheep guide,I just dont see them deer scoreing what you claim they do.do you have any measurements,as nube would say.You told me that you have a whitetail thats net scores in the book?? but you dont have pics.You better take a closer pic of the buck you have mounted on the wall,because there's no way in heck that it goes 167 net.Why would you lie?

sheepguide
07-04-2010, 04:29 PM
[QUOTE=sheepguide;622908]

Like I said earlier,some of them pic-ups are ok and the one buck is nice,but other than that,thanks for coming out sheep guide,I just dont see them deer scoreing what you claim they do.do you have any measurements,as nube would say.You told me that you have a whitetail thats net scores in the book?? but you dont have pics.You better take a closer pic of the buck you have mounted on the wall,because there's no way in heck that it goes 167 net.Why would you lie?

Just like what you guys jumped all over Nube for you are now partaking in. And that sounds good ill post more pics of the buck on my wall (as I have no score sheet for it and even if I did im sure you would say its just made up)and you then can say the pics dont proove anything or what ever your next excuse is so you know what junkie you live in you little whitetail fantasy world and ill continue to put many animals on the ground. Your in for alot of disapointing years in your hunting career as a score sheet is a very little part of the hunt.
I have no reason to lie about my deer and anyone on this forum is welcome to come have a look. I said what they are and thats it.

Im still waiting for some pics other than the deer you got the last few years.
Maybe you should put up or shut up! But you know what 5 or 6 deer dont make a hunter. Many hunters best hunts have resulted in going home empty handed. Until you realize the true reason that people love hunting and the outdoors you have never actually hunted.

You my friend are a score sheet shooter your only real prize from killing a big animal is the bragging rights to your buddies you have zero respect for the animal your hunting. When you are able to let go of Daddies shirt tails and get out and actually hunt and enjoy the outdoors with no scoresheet in mind then you will have acomplished something. A big trophy at the end of the hunt is just a bonus, its not the full reward.

And if you wish to say that I lie anymore you can come on out to the place and we can deal with that like men. I live 30kms south of Rocky you can PM me for final directions or Ill be traveling from Bonnyville home on the 15th so any name calling you would like to do there is lots of country to meet up in. Oh and if your not allowed out by yourself your Daddy is welcome to come along.
SG

Elkaholic6
07-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Hahaha... Wow. Surprised you guys haven't shot each other yet haha.

Yeah, I'll try to get some measurements one of these days for ya guys. Sorry, don't have any field pics of it. It was shot over 20 years ago so they are probably and Mama's closet somewhere haha.

Elkaholic6, where are you from? Do you live around the Salt Prairie / High Prairie area? Just wondering.....those are my stomping grounds!

Not Salt Prairie, but High Prairie yes haha.

Not much of a story haha. They were walking into the field and seen him coming out of a creek and laid the smack down on him.

I didn't take any offense to any of these comments lol. Just guys being guys. The pictures don't do it justice tho, just like anything else. But I will trying to get some measurements soon for you guys. That's the scores my Dad told me so I'm not gonna argue with him about it or anything haha. I seen a 202" that looked like a 160. Inches just seem to come out of anywhere lol, Looking at my friends deer and mine, mine looks like mine would score more, but his does. Weird what a tape measure can do haha.

sheepguide
07-04-2010, 04:47 PM

Like I said earlier,some of them pic-ups are ok

Oh and just for you info there is one whitetail rack and one mule deer that are pick ups the rest have all been harvested.
SG

nube
07-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Hahaha... Wow. Surprised you guys haven't shot each other yet haha.

Yeah, I'll try to get some measurements one of these days for ya guys. Sorry, don't have any field pics of it. It was shot over 20 years ago so they are probably and Mama's closet somewhere haha.

Not Salt Prairie, but High Prairie yes haha.

Not much of a story haha. They were walking into the field and seen him coming out of a creek and laid the smack down on him.

I didn't take any offense to any of these comments lol. Just guys being guys. The pictures don't do it justice tho, just like anything else. But I will trying to get some measurements soon for you guys. That's the scores my Dad told me so I'm not gonna argue with him about it or anything haha. I seen a 202" that looked like a 160. Inches just seem to come out of anywhere lol, Looking at my friends deer and mine, mine looks like mine would score more, but his does. Weird what a tape measure can do haha.

Thanks Elk6 and I am glad you are not put off by the comments. If youhave a quick second maybe let me know what he has for brow times on him and how long that extra long sticker is comming out of the side is. Curious on the base measurment of one side as well.Thanks

flint
07-04-2010, 05:50 PM

167net

163" 5x5 14"g2's

161" net 168 gross.

SG
I'm smelling Bovine Manure big time. The buck in the snow/round bale is the largest gross scoring buck (high 150's/low 160's) that I saw, and the rest are quite a bit smaller. The mule buck on the wall is in the 170's, not the whitetail. The rest in your garage/shed are dinks. You can't fool this old timer......been hunting whitetail way to long to have the wool pulled over my eyes. Nice try sheepguide, either you lied with intent, or you just don't know how to score a deer. Furthermore, you just received a little taste of what you and others dished out to 209x50 on Fathers Day. We don't claim to be the greatest hunters or having the biggest bucks, we just like to hunt the whitetails and the biggest in the area that we hunt. I really don't care how big a whitetail scores.....I definately don't run over to a dowed buck with a tape in my hand before it stopped kicking, it's how that animal was harvested that really counts. A story, the thrill of the hunt, one on one at ground zero....not in a dam truck!

sheepguide
07-04-2010, 06:18 PM
I'm smelling Bovine Manure big time. The buck in the snow/round bale is the largest gross scoring buck (high 150's/low 160's) that I saw, and the rest are quite a bit smaller. The mule buck on the wall is in the 170's, not the whitetail. The rest in your garage/shed are dinks. You can't fool this old timer......been hunting whitetail way to long to have the wool pulled over my eyes. Nice try sheepguide, either you lied with intent, or you just don't know how to score a deer. Furthermore, you just received a little taste of what you and others dished out to 209x50 on Fathers Day. We don't claim to be the greatest hunters or having the biggest bucks, we just like to hunt the whitetails and the biggest in the area that we hunt. I really don't care how big a whitetail scores.....I definately don't run over to a dowed buck with a tape in my hand before it stopped kicking, it's how that animal was harvested that really counts. A story, the thrill of the hunt, one on one at ground zero....not in a dam truck!

Like I said come on out and see for yourself. You may be a little suprised. Im not hiding anything the whitetails I have are there for any of you doubters to look at. As far as your guess on my mule deer well that shows you right there as it isnt the buck you say either(your way high). And The whitetail is what I say and I will not back down on that. He has 6 solid points on both sides plus brow tines. He looses as one side has a 8inch point and its match on the other is 2inches at the most.
Before you say anymore look at the original post. Many people scored that deer well below what the original post stated.
Maybe before you call someone out you should actually know the truth!
As much as you guys jump towards everyone being truck hunters it seems like maybe you 2 road hunt and pointing the finger at everyone else is you way of covering your ass.
I hunt deer for maybe a week a year the rest of the time im hunting in these places. And I guarentee there are no roads!

buckslayer1
07-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Sheep dont waste your time. It aint worth it you will never win this one as the 2 gods have spoken.Nice critters.

hal53
07-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Hey SG!!!!...say it ain't so!!!!!...you've never shot an animal in a stubble feild that you drive up to and throw in the back of a truck?????...unbelievable!!!:argue2::argue2: LOL

sheepguide
07-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Sheep dont waste your time. It aint worth it you will never win this one as the 2 gods have spoken.Nice critters.

I know man but these guys saying that everyone on here that has trophies must be road hunting really strikes a nerve. But your right I guess I should just walk away.
Sorry Elkaholic6 for the total derail! And great deer no mater what they score.
SG

Elkaholic6
07-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Wow, that's a dream job/hunt!

hal53
07-04-2010, 06:45 PM
^^^^^^ Low Blow...very nice!!!!

buckslayer1
07-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Ya what a winner remark.I hope Darcy does not get a hold of him.Would not be good but well deserved.

honda450
07-04-2010, 06:56 PM
With a last name of Viiliemarie what ya expect? A couple of guys that comprehend common sense? :argue2:

hal53
07-04-2010, 06:59 PM
With a last name of Viiliemarie what ya expect? A couple of guys that comprehend common sense? :argue2:
don't care what their last name is...totally ignorant, uncalled for remark JMHO

Walleyes
07-04-2010, 06:59 PM
What a couple of winners these guys are,, real gems..

Whitetail experts from Medicine Hat no doubt lololo...

honda450
07-04-2010, 07:01 PM
^^^^^^ Low Blow...very nice!!!!

X2 Dang way below the belt.

whitetail Junkie
07-04-2010, 07:02 PM
What a couple of winners these guys are,, real gems..

Whitetail experts from Medicine Hat no doubt lololo...

Yaa and i've heard about the real winner you are.:)

whitetail Junkie
07-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Ya what a winner remark.I hope Darcy does not get a hold of him.Would not be good but well deserved.

Like I said before,we might not know what we are doing in the bush,but we have proven ourselves on the streets.That aint a lie.

Elkaholic6
07-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Like I said before,we might not know what we are doing in the bush,but we have proven ourselves on the streets.That aint a lie.

Can ya eff off please? This forum doesn't revolve around you.

honda450

So ya are a road hunter. :angry3: Knew it all the time.hehe

hal53
so YOU're the guy shooting deer in the town limits of Medicine Hat????????

whitetail Junkie
07-04-2010, 07:10 PM
so YOU're the guy shooting deer in the town limits of Medicine Hat????????

:sHa_shakeshout:I'd have to say that is Funny,quick thinking.I wish you could hunt here in town,there's been more than a few that score over 200".

Walleyes
07-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Yaa and i've heard about the real winner you are.:)

Boy you guys are just adding up the freinds on here aren't yah..

And watch the lip,,, this is one way you don't want to go...

whitetail Junkie
07-04-2010, 07:12 PM

I apaulagize to you,for being ,partially responsible for ruining your thread,about your father's deer.For what its worth i'm sorry,and will respect your wish

nube
07-04-2010, 07:20 PM
I apaulagize to you,for being ,partially responsible for ruining your thread,about your father's deer.For what its worth i'm sorry,and will respect your wish

Your appologies are worthless. You tried to appologize to me many times before and it seems liek you still want to be a looser. This place would be better off without you and your sidekick dad. Great team you 2 are.

honda450
07-04-2010, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=whitetail Junkie;623123]I apaulagize to you,for being ,partially responsible for ruining your thread,about your father's deer.For what its worth i'm sorry,and will respect your wish[/QUOTE

See ya still don't get it boy. Ya owe a apollize to sheepguide.

Maybe ya just should go back to playing Nintendo. :bad_boys_20:

hal53
07-04-2010, 07:40 PM
[QUOTE=whitetail Junkie;623123]I apaulagize to you,for being ,partially responsible for ruining your thread,about your father's deer.For what its worth i'm sorry,and will respect your wish[/QUOTE

See ya still don't get it boy. Ya owe a apollize to sheepguide.

Maybe ya just should go back to playing Nintendo. :bad_boys_20:
X2!!!!! an apology is in order.....

flint
07-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Your appologies are worthless. You tried to appologize to me many times before and it seems liek you still want to be a looser. This place would be better off without you and your sidekick dad. Great team you 2 are.

You stick to your truck and road hunting ......that's what your best at. You won't find me appologizing to a salt block poacher! Your a real prize Nube with all of your road kill bucks....something to thump your chest about. Be a real man/hunter and go for a walk in the bush.

hal53
07-04-2010, 08:01 PM
You stick to your truck and road hunting ......that's what your best at. You won't find me appologizing to a salt block poacher! Your a real prize Nube with all of your road kill bucks....something to thump your chest about. Be a real man/hunter and go for a walk in the bush.
UNREAL!!!!!!...hard to believe!!!! don't think anyone said u had to apologize!!!!
or make another slam!!!!! WT???????

pottymouth
07-04-2010, 08:02 PM

Seriously, grow up! Have some class! You need to stop calling people poachers, unless you can prove it, and if you can you should do the something about it. I'm starting to think you don't like Nube, cause your jealous. Seriously set a good example for you kid.........unless you are the same person and have double accounts??????????????????

buckslayer1
07-04-2010, 08:03 PM
DO YOU HAVE POOF OF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING????????????

I would watch what you say.I would not want someone saying a bunch of lies about anybody on here.I think you are just jelous of his great deer.Also I dought he poached anything as he has been around the world hunting.Also If you were poaching in alberta you would shoot bigger deer than any of his. (not putting his trophys down)

whitetail Junkie
07-04-2010, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=honda450;623128]
X2!!!!! an apology is in order.....

People can put me down all they want,but When it comes to people insulting my family,I take it personal and get Hot:mad2:

However I somewhat agree with you and honda.

Sheep guide,Even though im sure that it does'nt mean a thing to you,i'll be the bigger man and I appaulagize for the last comment I made.

nube
07-04-2010, 08:35 PM
[QUOTE=hal53;623144]

People can put me down all they want,but When it comes to people insulting my family,I take it personal and get Hot:mad2:

However I somewhat agree with you and honda.

Sheep guide,Even though im sure that it does'nt mean a thing to you,i'll be the bigger man and I appaulagize for the last comment I made.

Well if he is smart he wouldn't accept any appology. Like i said you have appologized to me a couple times before and look where we are here now. Back at it again. You can get HOT all you want because The insults to you and your family will keep on coming because you guys need to get a life. How old are you Flint? 60 i believe. pretty unreal that a 60 year old is such a piece of work as yourself. Get a life.
I will hunt how i want to. If you really think I can sit over a salt block and kill a deer good luck and it prooves that you know nothing about it.
You guys have dug yourselves in this hole and as far as i can tell you have nobodies respect here on this forum.

Buckslayer1- thanks and you are correct. if I want to go "poach" a deer like I have been said to be doing i would have a lot more 180+ bucks. I have one that makes it over that mark. I spend 2 weeks a year hunting deer. If you know what you are doing and have some time like that there is a good chance a guy should have a couple chances at a 170+ buck and get one. It ain't rocket science. You are right I have a bunch of very nice deer but i don't have any real slobs. Still waiting for a couple of 190+ deer.

marlin1
07-04-2010, 08:36 PM

YOU GOT IT YOUNG FELLA ,NICE BUCKS .I started looking at this thread to see some nice bucks but wow what a derail , sad . really like your dad's mount and your buck is great , especially for your first , good job

hunter10
07-04-2010, 08:44 PM
All i have to say is that its pretty sad to see 3 or 4 GROWN up men fighting like this on a computer over who has shot bigger and better deer and what the scores are!!!:rolleye2:

Come on boys

sheepguide
07-04-2010, 09:12 PM
[QUOTE=sheepguide;622981]

Thats the best story that you could come up with:lol:Dont try and detour away from your lies.five 150",five160" and a net B&C Buck.The number's + the pictures,just aint adding up.You want to talk,come down to the Hat,who know's maybe you'll even be workin down here someday soon.or maybe i'll go up there to score your 150" deer someday,i'll even bring my old man.Speaking of father's,I've never seen a picture of you hunting with your dad??? or maybe you never knew him??? that would be my guess.

My old man.

on my antelope hunt

with me on a deer hunt

on my second sheep

My Old Man and I road hunting on the Clearwater.

Many of our pics are on paper. Not scanned
He is a great hunter but cant get around very good anymore so his hunting is to a very minimum. He cut his teeth guiding for the likes of Rex Logan, Bill Cooper(ya J.B Cooper), Bob Kjos (now is Stone Mtn Safaris), Red Sorenson( now owned by Gundahoo River Outfitters), Roy Trimble, Sam Nelson( Glen Willsies bighorn area now), Lee Trimble (Shockeys area), Stan Burrel, Perry Lynton (Stan Stevens area) in the early 60's and 70's.
If you need proof you can read about him in Bob Kjos's book and many sheep guiding stories from them days.

He is one of the guys that I Idolize, he is a hunter.
SG

hal53
07-04-2010, 09:17 PM
[QUOTE=whitetail Junkie;623080]

My old man.

on my antelope hunt

with me on a deer hunt

on my second sheep

He is a great hunter but cant get around very good anymore so his hunting is to a very minimum. He cut his teeth guiding for the likes of Rex Logan, Bill Cooper(ya J.B Cooper), Bob Kjos (now is Stone Mtn Safaris), Red Sorenson( now owned by Gundahoo River Outfitters), Roy Trimble, Sam Nelson( Glen Willsies bighorn area now), Lee Trimble (Shockeys area), Stan Burrel, Perry Lynton (Stan Stevens area) in the early 60's and 70's.
If you need proof you can read about him in Bob Kjos's book and many sheep guiding stories from them days.

SG
great pics....thanks!!!!!

pottymouth
07-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Great pics Darcy, looks like you Dad tought you alot. Definatly has great Resume. Thx for sharing, i bet his got some amazing stories to bout.

sheepguide
07-04-2010, 09:19 PM

Maybe you should look at Nube's sheep and other trophies! Pretty tough to road hunt everything he has killed. I would put alot of money that he puts more miles walking through the bush hunting than you or your son do hunting just deer. He is a good hunter and you cant take that away from him no matter how hard you try.
SG

Walleyes
07-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Good stuff Darc,,, one of the good old boys for sure..

AxeMan
07-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Great to see this thread come around to some great respect between fathers and sons. First Elkaholic 6 and his Dad and now Darcy and his Dad. Good stuff guys.

gunslinger
07-04-2010, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=whitetail Junkie;623080]

My old man.

on my antelope hunt

with me on a deer hunt

on my second sheep

SG

Wow i am one of the guys that would sit around the horse corrals and ask your dad a thousand questions about them days. Those names are legends in my books and really deserve alot of credit for them areas to where they are today. Your old man must of been in on some great rams and stories riding and guiding with them boys

sheepguide
07-04-2010, 09:40 PM
[QUOTE=sheepguide;623237]

Wow i am one of the guys that would sit around the horse corrals and ask your dad a thousand questions about them days. Those names are legends in my books and really deserve alot of credit for them areas to where they are today. Your old man must of been in on some great rams and stories riding and guiding with them boys

Guys didnt take lots of pics in them days but there are a few kicking around home. Ill scan them when I get a chance and make a thread. He has had to tell me thousands of stories over and over again.Im looking for a link that was given to me a while back with an article that has my Dad in it. If I can find it ill post it.
SG

drake
07-04-2010, 09:43 PM
O'DOYLE RULES!........

Just took a look at this thread.....WOW!

Hey Nube, maybe WTJ could come up to your bird camp and show you a thing or two about shooting ducks and geese. LOL.

I thought DB father/son combos were only in the movies. This rivals the whitetailer drama from years ago. Keep it up WTJ+Flint, you're providing the AO old timers with a lot of laughs.

sheepguide
07-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Here is a link that some guys will like to read( Gunslinger you will like this one ). Just for the record my Dad(step dad since I was 12) is Dennis Russell.

http://www.bchuntingblog.com/2009/06/a-stone-sheep-hunting-tale/

TreeGuy
07-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Sheeze...

Elk6, thanks for posting the pics. You're Dad shot a deer that 99.9% of us would take in an instant, as it is a deer of a lifetime for most. You should be very proud of him, and I like him already for getting his son into the passion as well. The deer you have harvested is better than anything I've personally taken in over 20 years chasing big game. I tip my hat to you lad, and wish you continued success. :)

NOW.....with that being said, I have noticed that your thread has become a bit derailed, and that is unfortuante. May you allow me to provide you with a chuckle as a wee bit of compensation for such travesty? :innocent:

(Just to Add On)The whole clan is waiting, lets see some score sheets.

Clan? Seriously? Based upon your surrname, I'm guessing the tartan of ye kilt be of a pristine snow white, complimented with something lacey beneath! The only way you'd be a 'clan' is if you joined forces with SAS. A pox on ye! :rolleye2: :lol:

SG, I admire your restraint. I also admire your Dad. :)

nube
07-04-2010, 10:41 PM
You are right Treeguy. Too bad we got derailed like that. Sorry Elk6 as I guess it started with my curiosity until a couple d***s came around.

At least lets' continue on with a good thing here. Maybe we can turn this into a thread of pics of animals you got with dad kind of thing as SG has posted a few pics. I think we all admire our fathers and the time we have all spent with them.
I was lucky enough to spend the most tiem recently with dad overseas. Here are a few pics. Like SG stated not having many pics from back then I also don't have many pics of dad and I . I am not great with the scanner and have a lot of critters with pics of dad and I on the old style film.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/nube/IMG_7836.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/nube/DSC00117.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/nube/IMG_7734.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/nube/IMG_7661.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/nube/DSC00073.jpg
Dad was with me when I got this big buck this year. He isn't a trophy hunter and really did not get too excited. He was the first to pull the horns out of the snow and grass and his first words were. "Nice deer and it should taste good" Scored in at just under 175"
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/nube/2009deer015.jpg

pottymouth
07-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Nube, that's awesome, great to see. I'll have to dig up some rare old photo's hunting with my DAD as well. Some nice african game there!.

ishootbambi
07-04-2010, 10:51 PM
sweet whitey nube...love the mass on that one.

nube
07-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Yup he ahs a lot of good mass on him.

Here are a couple more of dad and one more of a side view of the buck for a look at the mass.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/nube/IMG_1070.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/nube/DSC00106.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/nube/2009deer008.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/nube/2009deer011.jpg

sheepguide
07-04-2010, 11:26 PM
Great pics Nube. Nothing can beat the memories from the days in the field with a persons father.
SG

nube
07-04-2010, 11:47 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/nube/Birds/2008_21.jpg

Another with a couple greenheads. Dad had never really been into birds till i got him out a few times and we have had quite a few hunts liek this. It was nice to be able to teach dad a few tricks as he was always just puddle jumping or just sitting at the edge of a big lake shooting a few crap ducks and whatever flew by.

hunter10
07-05-2010, 12:36 AM
well my dad is not as adventurous (spelling?? it's a little late :confused:) as some or the rest but he got me hooked and I thank him for that!! He has also got me hooked on snowmobiling, golf, hockey and many other things/sports

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/sledaholic/DSC02168.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/sledaholic/DSC01995.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/sledaholic/DSC02020.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/sledaholic/DSC02009.jpg

Left one

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/sledaholic/DSC02016.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/sledaholic/DSC02026.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/sledaholic/DSC00472.jpg

hunter10
07-05-2010, 12:40 AM
And I am happy he has been by my side for most of my kills

my first deer, dad stood right beside me

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/sledaholic/DSC00477.jpg

He helped me find this whitey for my 2nd deer
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/sledaholic/DSC01218.jpg

And now i got HIM hooked on another sport, Bow hunting

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/sledaholic/archeryhunting2010006.jpg

Elkaholic6, your's and your dads whiteys are great! Keep going!

sheepguide
07-05-2010, 01:01 AM
Great pics hunter10! And looks like some great memories. Thanks for posting.
SG

gunslinger
07-05-2010, 06:37 AM
Here is a link that some guys will like to read( Gunslinger you will like this one ). Just for the record my Dad(step dad since I was 12) is Dennis Russell.

http://www.bchuntingblog.com/2009/06/a-stone-sheep-hunting-tale/

man if that dont get your blood going nothing will. Come on hunting season.

Elkaholic6
07-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Thanks for getting my thread back on track boys! Some great pictures of you and your Fathers' animals!

Pulled some numbers for ya guys. They are not exact. Hard to pull numbers when the thing is 8 feet up on a wall in your basement.

Tip to tip - 14.5"
Both bases - 6"
The long kicker - 6"
Left browtine - 9.5
Right browtine - 9"
Greatest spread - 23"

WyattNight
07-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Dang good pics! You boys are all lucky to live in a land with such a vast variety of wildlife.

steve
07-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Beauty pics guys

Darcy, that bottom pic in your post #86 would that pic happen to be in one of Chester Sand's books. I think I recognize it from there?

sheepguide
07-08-2010, 04:41 PM
I dont think so Steve. Unless my Dad gave him a copy. Ill have to look in my books(still havent read them) when I get home or ask Chester the next time I talk to him.
SG

steve
07-08-2010, 04:44 PM
I dont think so Steve. Unless my Dad gave him a copy. Ill have to look in my books(still havent read them) when I get home or ask Chester the next time I talk to him.
SG

I was flipping through mine the other day, might have been called Jobe Pass but I'm not sure.

sheepguide
07-08-2010, 05:09 PM
I was flipping through mine the other day, might have been called Jobe Pass but I'm not sure.

Yep Job pass is over north west of Nordegg. He has traveled alot of country that guy. Pretty cool guy to listen too. If you ever wanna chat with a cool guy go to the Caroline Farmers Market. Chester usually has a booth there and sells antler key chains and such and also his books. He also had a booth at the Wild Sheep Banquet.
SG

yamaha 1
07-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Thanks for getting my thread back on track boys! Some great pictures of you and your Fathers' animals!

Pulled some numbers for ya guys. They are not exact. Hard to pull numbers when the thing is 8 feet up on a wall in your basement.

Tip to tip - 14.5"
Both bases - 6"
The long kicker - 6"
Left browtine - 9.5
Right browtine - 9"
Greatest spread - 23"
The pic's are hard to get a score from but I put some numbers to paper and I think the deer is what you say.Anyway it is a pig and a buck of a life time.Good luck to you this year I hope you get one as big as your dad,you never know what is behind the next tree.:happy0034:

Jimmy Creek
07-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Great pictures guy's,just picked up Bob Kjos's book Horseshoe In My Hip Pocket,looking forward to the read.

sheepguide
07-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Great pictures guy's,just picked up Bob Kjos's book Horseshoe In My Hip Pocket,looking forward to the read.

It is a very very good read!

209x50
07-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Your Dad's buck sure has some great browtines!