PDA

View Full Version : A Little Input On lesser Slave

shorthair ptr.
06-30-2010, 10:35 PM
Looking for some advice. I have only one weekend in July to go camping, wife is due in Aug., I am looking to head up to Lesser Slave Lake for one wknd Mid July. Any suggestions on where we can tent it and maybe I can either rent a boat and motor or hire a guide with boat for at least half a day? I have never been up there so I don't know the area or lake, any help would be greatly appreciated.:sign0085:

Elkaholic6
06-30-2010, 10:44 PM
I'd say Hilliards Bay for camping. But at Shaws Point you can rent boats.. But they'll also rape you for lot and boat rentals. You can try Joussard. I'm not sure if there is any boat rentals there.

simmered
07-01-2010, 05:00 AM
Spruce point also has boat rentals and campsites. As for guides I'm not sure there are any there, but there is usually a flotilla of boats where the fish are biting :D

:sign0111:

Shmag
07-01-2010, 11:59 AM
West basin would be Hilliards for camping and Shaws for the boat rental. Spruce point also mentioned for camping but as well not sure if they have the boat rentals there.

East basin on the town of slave lake side, would be martin river campground or the big fish bay resort and boat rental from roland on the river. Good fishing right now by the weir so boat rental wouldn't be necessary on the east side unless you just want to get on the water

shorthair ptr.
07-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the replys so far guys, much appreciated. Still trying to google as much as I can while up here at work. Hope to have something arranged before I come home for the wknd of July 16-18th.
Anymore ideas? From what I have seen for boat rentals it looks way too steap!! Would really like to get out for at least a half day of fishing. The wife can relax and read while I'm out.

Cal
07-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the replys so far guys, much appreciated. Still trying to google as much as I can while up here at work. Hope to have something arranged before I come home for the wknd of July 16-18th.
Anymore ideas? From what I have seen for boat rentals it looks way too steap!! Would really like to get out for at least a half day of fishing. The wife can relax and read while I'm out.

If your tenting it and you dont have a boat I would say the best place is the campground a bit down the slave river, its called "sak at wank" or some gay ass thing like that. There is good fishing off the shore right at the campground as well as many good spots a short drive away and the campground is better set up for tents than many in the area. I fish that section of river extensively in my canoe and might be able to take you out fishing if I'm not buisy. Even if I cant take you out the guys soaking pickerel rigs from shore often catch as many fish as I do running up and down the river.

If you do end up renting a boat I would recomend not doing it from Roland, alot of boats and motors have gotten stuck and/or damaged trying to find their way onto the lake at this end with the water so low this year.

crown royal 17
07-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Roland on the River
Shandell fishing Guides
Norms Walleye camp
Sak ata Wak Rv Park
all these are reasonable but you can fish the Lesser Slave River from Sak ata Wak rv park and he is very reasonably priced .
Sawridge Inn can also hook you up with fishing guides.
Hope this helps a little.