PDA

View Full Version : How it used to be...

Arn?Narn.
07-01-2010, 12:31 AM
How it used to be...

For me there used to be such a distinction between hunting time of the year and non hunting time of the year, that I would plan various chores or projects around it...

Family and friends would see me in clothes other than camo,..my wife would get to see me coming down the stairs, freshly shaved smelling like a french %^&* and reasy to court,...rather than similar to the missing link and stench of some kinda estrus or urine or such...

Now adays, there seems no end. The longer time of the year is hunting time and the shorter is now non hunting.

With Spring Geese and Spring Bear and gophers and coyotes I just can't seem to get my guns in the cabinet for a break.. now just around the corner it all starts again.

I spend my nights on Google earth, nose in the GPS and back road maps..

Right now I am looking for new binos, drinking a beer and restocking my backpack...

IT"S ! 1230 A.M. for the love of... I need help !

Boss442
07-01-2010, 12:41 AM
I don't hunt and fish as much as I would like to, or as much as I used to in the past. Really looking forward to retirement (in about 9 years) and spending alot of time big game hunting, bird hunting, and ice fishing!

whitetailsheds
07-01-2010, 01:09 AM
Hahaha....just finished watching Shockey's new moose DVD, and another Stoney-Wolf DVD from Alaska moose hunting (both in WalMart)....now wishing it was the middle of September.....lol.....hunting year round it is....

duffy4
07-01-2010, 02:18 AM
I still love to eat wild game as much as ever. With the two kids gone from home We don't need so much game in our freezer but I get to help them fill tags and their freezers.

I guess I don't like "the kill" so much any more and like the preparation and other aspects of the hunt more and more.

Trail cameras, Google earth scouting and such add a fun component.

joeti7
07-01-2010, 03:42 AM
I know what you mean, it never seems to end. Thats a good thing though, no reason to have to be bored, waiting for September to come around. The only problem with it is the fighting with the mrs:fighting0074:. But then again it gives her something to do all year too:ashamed:

flint
07-01-2010, 04:55 AM
Yes I remember the sleepless nights when it was days before the duck season. I was so pumped that I went out a week before the season started wth only decoys and duck calls. I sat in the marsh and called until my face was blue. I couldn't wait for summer to be over........that was years ago, now I injoy gardening and the summers and just being at home. If I receive my Mule Buck draw this year my season will start in early September. I will scout until opening day in November to locate the biggest buck in the zone.

whitetail Junkie
07-01-2010, 04:02 PM
How it used to be...

For me there used to be such a distinction between hunting time of the year and non hunting time of the year, that I would plan various chores or projects around it...

Family and friends would see me in clothes other than camo,..my wife would get to see me coming down the stairs, freshly shaved smelling like a french %^&* and reasy to court,...rather than similar to the missing link and stench of some kinda estrus or urine or such...

Now adays, there seems no end. The longer time of the year is hunting time and the shorter is now non hunting.

With Spring Geese and Spring Bear and gophers and coyotes I just can't seem to get my guns in the cabinet for a break.. now just around the corner it all starts again.

I spend my nights on Google earth, nose in the GPS and back road maps..

Right now I am looking for new binos, drinking a beer and restocking my backpack...

IT"S ! 1230 A.M. for the love of... I need help !

Hunting is a Drug that i'll always abuse.There is no cure To the Addiction:bad_boys_20: