PDA

View Full Version : hilliards bay boat launch

patcha
07-01-2010, 07:18 PM
i heard a rumor that the boat launch at hilliards bay prov park at lesser slave lake is closed due to low water levels.does anyone know anything about this as im heading up there in a few weeks.

cannonc
07-01-2010, 07:25 PM
No Boat launch.It is true water to low.Shaws point dreged their launch it is good to launch there.How ever they have raised the fee to 14$.Spruce Point and faust are in service on the south side I would be leary about Joussard.

outdoors forever
07-02-2010, 10:16 PM
No Boat launch.It is true water to low.Shaws point dreged their launch it is good to launch there.How ever they have raised the fee to 14$.Spruce Point and faust are in service on the south side I would be leary about Joussard.

$ 14 launch fee? Try $ 21.00. Yeah, you read that right - they upped it to $ 21.00 for a launch.
No worries though - Hilliards Bay boat launch is OPEN as of Wednesday afternoon. And they did a damn good dredging job, too. Its about 5 feet for quite a ways out and a nice long peir set up beside the ramp.
Very good place to go.:)

Londo^
07-03-2010, 11:41 PM
I put in at the river in the town of Slave lake last week. What a gong show getting down the river to get to the lake. Some say it was dredged, and has been blown back in, but there is one lane about 8ft wide by 5ft deep and if you miss it you'll be out pushing your boat in about 18 inches of water. Took my boat out at Canyon Creek on Thursday and way better, it's also closer to Marten River, where I usually stay.