PDA

View Full Version : Flathead Lake Mt

incept
07-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Just got home from a 3 day trip down on Flathead. The fishing was excellent!! The morning bite down there is super hot right now. The afternoon, not so much. I was fishing with a buddy of mine and in total we ended up with 19 fish in the boat and missed about a half dozen. Biggest came in at 19 3/4 pounds 38 inches with a few 14 and 15 pounders and lots of 7 to 11 pounders in the slot. {30 to 36 inches} The fish are suspended throughout the water column with the bigger ones holding tight on the bottom. Ended up using hootchies and dodgers for the suspended fish and M2SP flatfish and 9" Lyman lures for the bigger fish on the bottom. The Lymans outfished everything 2 to 1 on this outing. The big guys were crushing it. Fished anywhere from 70 to 160 feet deep with the suspended fish anywhere from 35 feet down. Also fished Little Bitteroot for some Kokanee salmon and caught a few as well the biggest in at 18 inches. If I was not so computer inept I would put up some pictures. A couple pictures of my buddy are up on the Lyman site of the 20 and a 14 pounder for viewing if you are interested. www.lymanlures.com In the bottom left corner of the site is a spot called latest news with a Nice Flathead Lakers link. The lake is fishing very well in the morning for anyone interested in a road trip for some lakers!