PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Grassy

hightower
07-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Wondering if anyone has been out to Grassy Lake lately, wondering if the fish are biting. Was thinking of heading there tomorrow.

npauls
07-02-2010, 05:05 PM
I hit it all day yesterday and hammered a ton of walleyes. We didn't get a single perch but did get close to 200 walleyes between the 3 of us. There was also 3 good sized pike all around 10 lbs a piece caught. I may head out that way again on sunday but it is a toss up since I should be pre fishing and finding more fish at st. mary for next weekend.

Also the fish cops were out in the boat checking to make sure everyone was playing by the rules. They checked us out and checked our legals that were being kept. Also checked barbs, licenses, and all the safety gear required on the boat. They were very nice and didn't seem to be on a power trip like some of the officers I have met. They were both down to earth and doing their jobs. They gave a few warnings out to a couple boats around us and took the time to make sure to explain the rules they were warned about and why it is that way.

nate