PDA

View Full Version : Bass Pro

Deano85
07-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Is it just me or is bass pro's soft bait selection kinda sad? I didnt see much of anything for finesse. I couldnt even find any flukes.

canned Tuna
07-02-2010, 11:03 PM
To start off I'm not sure what your fishing for, since the finesse flukes come in a variety of sizes you could be fishing for trout, pike, walleye, perch and etc.

Anyways in general the fishing department is lacking a lot of tackle from hardbaits, soft plastics, rods/reels and etc. Can't complain there still lots of choices. Maybe the fishing rules and regs in Alberta is affecting what BPS wants to bring into store who knows. Well they do have fishing gaffs hmmm.

I know in Toronto they have a much wider selection in all categories and those finesse flukes I know they would carry. Since everything is seasonal bass season started last week so size and colour are favoured more than others. My guess now is you might have to shop online or try the Berkley powerminnows I'm pretty sure you could find those.

TexasTornado
07-05-2010, 07:58 AM
I busted the top portion of my St. Croix H, due to boat operator error (not mentioning any names Sheldon) on a recent fly-in trip to Wylie. Bass Pro gave me the same rod new with no questions asked. So now all i have to do is order the top portion from St. Croix for $30 and i will have two of these beauty rods. Pretty good service if you ask me............

McDeth
07-10-2010, 11:13 AM
BPS Calgary carries both Gulp!/Gulp! Sal****er Jerk Shads, as well as Powerbait Minnows in all sizes. Those are flukes if you ask me!

McDeth
07-10-2010, 11:14 AM
I busted the top portion of my St. Croix H, due to boat operator error (not mentioning any names Sheldon) on a recent fly-in trip to Wylie. Bass Pro gave me the same rod new with no questions asked. So now all i have to do is order the top portion from St. Croix for $30 and i will have two of these beauty rods. Pretty good service if you ask me............

Is it the 7'H spin? Thats a sick rod! I love the double-footed guides...such a sturdy pole!

TexasTornado
07-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Is it the 7'H spin? Thats a sick rod! I love the double-footed guides...such a sturdy pole!

No its a bait caster, and yes it's a sick rod great for good hook sets. St. Croix air mailed me two additional top pieces as well.

flygirrl
07-10-2010, 06:52 PM
No its a bait caster, and yes it's a sick rod great for good hook sets. St. Croix air mailed me two additional top pieces as well.
Have nothing to say but good thing about dealing with St Croix