PDA

View Full Version : Euro mounter needed .

-JR-
07-03-2010, 07:09 AM
I have a few heads from last years hunt and I want to get them euro mounted
Does anyone know where I could get them done cheep.Hopfully a pro that does them at home that does not have much over head as a taxidermey

ishootbambi
07-03-2010, 09:05 PM
search euro mounts on here and you will see it is very easy to do yourself. you will also see some greast ideas for plaques and things to mount them on.

timba
07-03-2010, 10:04 PM
I do my own and its real easy to do if you have a place to do it.

waylow
07-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Fairly easy to do. Boil the skull with soda ash or sodium carbonate until all the chunky stuff is off. I boil mine for about 5-6 hours and keep pulling it out every 30 mins or so and pick the cruddies off to help speed up the process. Wash it down with water once she's done. Then I use a mixture of 10% hydrogen peroxide (about 4 litres), with that oxiclean stuff from the ad with the guy who yelled alot, then fill the rest of the container with water until the the mix is just below the antlers. I use a towel across the top of the skull and soak it now and then to make sure the top is getting bleached. Leave it for about 4 days and she's done. I get my wood from the local lumber stores, they usually hace some scrap oak or what you might need kicking around and you'll get that cheaper. Done 7 heads now and they turned out pretty good.
Note: Make darn sure your antlers don't get any bleach on them, they turn them extremely white!

Rantastic
07-04-2010, 12:40 PM
waylow where do u find the strong hydrogen peroxide?
And I just toss my heads in the crockpot hair and all still on low for two days then u literally can lift it out and everything falls right off, 5 mins cleanup work in total to get down to raw bone.