PDA

View Full Version : Back from 7 days of K-country camping

FishingForLife
07-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Well I returned home yesterday from a glorious 7 day mountain bender. Seeing as how I was camped next to Lower K Lake, I only see fit, to fish it almost everyday. Caught a few. Fishing was pretty slow all week. Seen LOTS of big mother bulls cruising the shallows. Hard to catch. The ones I did land were around 5 Cutts and 2 Bulls. For the week. Cutts average length was around 12-16 inch. The bulls, when measured, were around 16-21 inch. No, I didnt take no pics. It was LATE evening, pretty dark, nothign woulda showen up.

Also, one day, I decided to take a hike up to Elbow Lake. Fishing, of course, was pretty good, as usual. Average length around 6-7 inches. Still, beautiful fish. Any questions, or inquiry about photos of ELBOW LAKE fish, send me a pm

Guitarplayingfish
07-04-2010, 04:36 PM
I just got back from a 4 day trip around that area. UNBELIEVABLE! I caught about 30 cutts, and 8 bulls. They were all pretty decent fish, with the biggest bulls being about 2lbs (small I know) and biggest cuttys being about 2lb. 3 times I had a massive bull try and hit the little cutthroat i had on my fly. I finally decided to try and catch the big bull that was hitting the cutts, and I hooked him and he jumped out of the water and spit my hook out. He was the monster that got away =( It was a wonderful week, minus all the partying campers. I cant wait to go back!

FishingForLife
07-05-2010, 11:55 AM
That must have really tied you in knots. Any plans to go back there? As the water level rises, i'm sure it's gonna immaculate.

brandon
07-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Went down there on the 27th and managed to get a 27" bull. I have pictures but dont now how to post them it says their to big. Otherwise the fishing was pretty tough. I also got a 26.5" bull and a 21.5" bull, I wanted to catch bulls so I didn't really target cutts.
If any body nows how to post pics i could email you the photos!
Thanks,
Brandon

Guitarplayingfish
07-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Went down there on the 27th and managed to get a 27" bull. I have pictures but dont now how to post them it says their to big. Otherwise the fishing was pretty tough. I also got a 26.5" bull and a 21.5" bull, I wanted to catch bulls so I didn't really target cutts.
If any body nows how to post pics i could email you the photos!
Thanks,
Brandon

Yeah, Im going back for bull ASAP. I had such a great time... Tons and tons of cutts, and than switching to bull fishing. Awesome time. I didnt think the fishing was tough at all... I caught tons, and had a blast.