PDA

View Full Version : Clear Lake

WayneChristie
07-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Just wondering if anyone from the forum has fished Clear Lake with a pontoon? Or anyone fish it this weekend in general?

floppychicken
07-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Just wondering if anyone from the forum has fished Clear Lake with a pontoon? Or anyone fish it this weekend in general?

Got MY AZZ handed to me on THURSDAY.... Caught a Slimey in the first 5 minutes of being out and that WAS IT! Don't know if it was the 'Cold Front' that turned them off or 'what'... but it was B.A.D.! I didn't see ANYONE land a fish from BOATS or from the shore, the entire time we were there...

Never fished with one, but a Pontoon should be OK, cause you can actually drive a 'ways' around the WEST side of the Lake and EASILY put in around the launch, etc... There are actually a number of places where you should be able to get in with no issues and there is some protection on the 'Ends' of the Lake (mostly the North End), but the middle can 'Whip-Up' in a hurry. We had 2.5' rollers for the better part of our day.... Having said that, the lake is REALLY small, so even if you had to get off, it wouldn't be 'much of a walk' :P

Cheers,

WayneChristie
07-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks Floppy, the weather is supposed to be nasty in my hood tomorrow so I thought I might head down that way. Or further and tease Moby at PCR, not supposed to be raining down there. I just wonder what the pike I had on last winter at Clear thru the ice would be like from a pontoon, maybe I should install a seatbelt LOL were you using bait or lures?

calgarygringo
07-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Wayne
If you head to PCR stop by. We are going to head there tomorrow morning and stay until Wednesday afternoon. Should make a few trips to the dock for moby as well but if we miss will be in the campground hanging out.

floppychicken
07-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Thanks Floppy, the weather is supposed to be nasty in my hood tomorrow so I thought I might head down that way. Or further and tease Moby at PCR, not supposed to be raining down there. I just wonder what the pike I had on last winter at Clear thru the ice would be like from a pontoon, maybe I should install a seatbelt LOL were you using bait or lures?

LOL... yeah, there's been some 'STOOOPID' weather this year. Everytime I go, I seem to hit the water at the 'ABSOLUTE' wrong time..:sign0176:

We threw everything at those beasts! Crawlers, Salted Minnows, RAPS, Spoons and everything in Between... Nada, Nothing. The nice thing about CLEAR is that the sides of the lake quickly put you out to 8' or so within 10 or so meters from the Banks. Also, I don't think I found ANY depth over 17', but Clearer than most right now Theres a Rock Point made just for fishing at the Marina (nicer than PINE COULEE) believe it or not, and that offers quite a bit of protection. It's raining to beat the band in Calgary right now and I'm not sure that you'll be any better off around stavely in the next 24hrs, but hey, it's worth a try!!

Cheers,