PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

RiverRat
07-05-2010, 07:59 PM
I have a week off, and i would like to take the family camping. I would like to find a lake that has good camping and lake access for the boat. Would like to have trees at the camp site,beach,showers,decent fishing.Any suggestions would be great. :sign0176:

mudbug
07-05-2010, 08:24 PM
First question is how far do you want to travel? Carson by Whitecourt is a nice place to go but phone first for a rservation. Also it's a stocked trout lake with 12km speed limit. They have a small beach for the kids etc. Look it up on the net, if you don't mind the drive it's a nice place to spend a week :)

eternal fisherman
07-05-2010, 09:44 PM
I agree with Mudbug. They also have paddle boat rentals for kids, a store, showers, etc. Very nice campground but also busy. Definitely want to phone and check. I have heard Pigeon lake is also very good, but I have never been.

SushiUnagi
07-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Little Bow Provincial Park (Travers) and Kinbrook Island Provincial Park (Newell)

SushiUnagi
07-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Just discovered Aspen Beach (Gull) and Wabamun also do have campgrounds with shower facilities and boat launch.

Albertadiver
07-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Just discovered Aspen Beach (Gull) and Wabamun also do have campgrounds with shower facilities and boat launch.

I worked at Aspen Beach Provincial Park. Great Lake. Great Beach. Nice Showers (I should know, I cleaned them). Brewers has the best tree'd sites. Try to get the loops farther away from the lake for better trees. The ones up close are sandy. Lakeview is nice for hookups, but the sites aren't private.

mudbug
07-05-2010, 11:07 PM
I agree with Mudbug. They also have paddle boat rentals for kids, a store, showers, etc. Very nice campground but also busy. Definitely want to phone and check. I have heard Pigeon lake is also very good, but I have never been.

Pigeon Lake is quite low right now I've heard plus every time I go there I get that darn swimmers itch :sign0176::sign0068:

stuartmcgrandle
07-05-2010, 11:38 PM
william switzer park outside of hinton is super awesome, lake is good for boat and jarvis lake is canoe only but also great, also they used to have a store attendant there that you must order ice cream from:sign0111::sign0111:, if you know what i mean

RiverRat
07-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Thanks Too all for your input, it has been a huge help!

fredieC
07-07-2010, 12:27 AM
Hi may be if u can drive up to banff, two jack camping site is the best, as it is hour and half drive from calgary, and atleast 3 lakes for fishing and the river, any way hope was useful to you , have a great day...
fredieC

fishingmedic
07-07-2010, 01:26 AM
we went to Pigeon Lake and loved it, clean washrooms, great treed private sites, fishing was great!! they've tweaked the boat launch so your trailer doesn't drop all of a sudden as you are backing up, the lake is low but we had no problems what so ever!! touchwood lake (east of lac la biche) was fantastic, great fishing, very nice treed private sites, but NO showers just pit toilets...
both parks you can beach your boat at night, with touchwood having poles in the ground to tie your boat up to...
We like touchwood so much we are going again in a few weeks.....:sHa_shakeshout: