PDA

View Full Version : pike around red deer

ol'trout
07-06-2010, 11:22 AM
looking for a few spots around red deer to fish pike, i have some spare time this summer so i picked up fishing again.

i dont have a boat and would be fishing from shore

thanks

Little Miss Fish
07-06-2010, 03:05 PM
There is a provincial park about 45 min. east of Red Deer called The Narrows. I was out Saturday evening with no luck but have always generally had good action there.

TexasTornado
07-06-2010, 03:11 PM
looking for a few spots around red deer to fish pike, i have some spare time this summer so i picked up fishing again.

i dont have a boat and would be fishing from shore

thanks

Try the river or the pier at Sylvan Lake if your fishing from shore?

Krisrf
07-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Try Chain lakes and try to find an access on the south side of the lake. I can't recall exactly but its the Chain lakes between Ponoka and Lacombe. I used to be able to access on the south side and casting from shore was always good. Lots of guys party hard down there so I usually pick up a few pieces of garbage during the fishing.

Kris

timbojones
07-06-2010, 11:19 PM
Try east of the city by the joffre bridge and just walk till you find a pool. Caught some very Big Pike here along with tons of other species including, Goldeye, Walleye, Sauger...Dont be afraid to walk for 15 min-20 min to find a spot.

whitetailman
07-07-2010, 12:47 AM
give er a try at pine lake. there is boat rentals and lots of docks that u can catch lots of fish including pike..

ol'trout
07-23-2010, 07:48 PM
thanks! i got called out of town on work lately so i havent had much time to fish