PDA

View Full Version : Pack Horses / Outfitter

manitoban
07-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Looking for contact info or referall on backcountry outfitter with pack horses to haul gear in for sheep / elk trip near Cadomin.

hal53
07-06-2010, 07:18 PM
check with Sheepguide on here

Grizzly Adams
07-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Think there's a guy, right at Cadomin. Babbela?

Grizz

sheepguide
07-06-2010, 08:30 PM
I doubt Randy will do any packing. He doesnt guide or anything like that much other than the Non Resident minister tags when they hire him. He has some what retired from guiding and outfitting since he sold his stone sheep area I beleive.

Im pretty busy this fall to do any packing. You may PM Decker as he was thinking about doing some packing in the future. Will probably depend on his schedual.

SG

decker
07-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Unless we slow right down at work I will be lucky if I get to pack myself in for a hunt LOL. I was hoping to do some more this year.

bushman53
07-06-2010, 10:31 PM
when and gear for how many people. i have a couple of trips planned already but might be able to make it work

manitoban
07-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Probably three, maybe four and planning for around September 9 th. Still trying to sort out exact location. I have been looking at maps steady but waiting on a few people to get back to me.

All have never hunted in the area and are green to the mountain hunting but just want to have a good experience and hopefully see a few.

manitoban
07-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Grosso Outfitters sure looks like a well run crew. Lots of good pics especially moose and mulies.

sheepguide
07-08-2010, 11:34 AM
The thing your gunna run into with guys such as Clayton and Gene is that most arent gunna do much in the way of helping get animals for residents. Some may but many just do the non resident stuff and avoid taking residents into their areas as lots of time residents go once with a guide or outfitter then they end up going in on their own once the area has been learned.
If you find an outfitter that would take you than great but I think your best of looking at a few guys that guide resident hunters or looking at areas that do have a few guys packing guys in or hauling camps in with wagons.
SG

steve
07-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Theres a guy out of hinton that hauls guys in, I talked to him last year but can't remember his name. He lives east of Hinton, maybe this post will generate a name for you.

Hunting Cadomin area wouldnt be my top choice for getting a big camp hauled in, its just to small of a area. You will have guys that left there trucks at day break, at your camp by 10am. Just something to think about, good luck.

Grizzly Adams
07-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Theres a guy out of hinton that hauls guys in, I talked to him last year but can't remember his name. He lives east of Hinton, maybe this post will generate a name for you.

Hunting Cadomin area wouldnt be my top choice for getting a big camp hauled in, its just to small of a area. You will have guys that left there trucks at day break, at your camp by 10am. Just something to think about, good luck.

My thoughts as well . Opening day last year, The trucks and trailers were lined up, on the road, at the Whitehorse Creek access.

Grizz

steve
07-08-2010, 04:41 PM
My thoughts as well . Opening day last year, The trucks and trailers were lined up, on the road, at the Whitehorse Creek access.

Grizz

:lol: ya I bet, same as the prospect I'm guessing grizz?

6 rams fell that day though

Grizzly Adams
07-08-2010, 05:41 PM
:lol: ya I bet, same as the prospect I'm guessing grizz?

6 rams fell that day though

And how many the day after?:lol:
Grizz

manitoban
07-08-2010, 05:45 PM
We dont have a problem moving around either, a few days here and there. If possible I would like to avoid the really high traffic areas ( probably tough ) .

And I dont want to start a ****in match with local outfitters that guiding nonresidents in the area.

I just want to take advantage of the opportunity to try and hunt in the general areas.

fatrack
07-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Ralph Zuger is the guy East of Hinton. Good guy from what I have seen.

steve
07-08-2010, 08:03 PM
And how many the day after?:lol:
Grizz

I heard two were killed the rest of the regular season