PDA

View Full Version : Maligne Lake reports

huntin'fool
07-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Any recent reports? Water change colour bad yet?
Coming through Jasper last night, it looks as though there was some recent snow in the higher peaks in the valley along Maligne Lake road

fishman
07-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Was there a week ago and it was starting to silt up

Penner
07-07-2010, 09:22 AM
What patterns are working right now?

huntin'fool
07-07-2010, 01:03 PM
How about you Big Bull? You usually know what's going on there.

Big Bull
07-07-2010, 02:33 PM
How about you Big Bull? You usually know what's going on there.
Unfortunately, I just started a new job, working 6 days/week, and screwed up my entire summer, and possibly my moose hunt. Therefore, I've only been to Maligne once, about a month ago. What was I thinking?:sign0176:

RedFisher
07-10-2010, 07:31 AM
Didnt hit the lake but hit the creek that runs along side the road going back there... did actually pretty decent landed about 8 or 9 lost about 15 or so and had two really nice fattys on one snapped my 8 pound test line, and the other wrapped it's self around a dead tree in the middle... tryed going after it but just ended up going for a swim...

BobLoblaw
07-10-2010, 08:43 AM
Didnt hit the lake but hit the creek that runs along side the road going back there... did actually pretty decent landed about 8 or 9 lost about 15 or so and had two really nice fattys on one snapped my 8 pound test line, and the other wrapped it's self around a dead tree in the middle... tryed going after it but just ended up going for a swim...

What creek is that? Is that Maligne River between Maligne & Medicine Lakes or something else?

Big Bull
07-10-2010, 09:10 AM
Sounds like the Maligne River, that opens for fly fishing only on August 1?

huntin'fool
07-10-2010, 01:51 PM

OOps Refisher, back pedal, back pedal. Lol.