PDA

View Full Version : Its july time to put the fishing gear away

great white whaler
07-08-2010, 09:18 AM
all my years of fishing,the last 3 weeks of july as always been slow.i put my fishing gear away till mid august.:scared0018:

Nerdapres'
07-08-2010, 09:26 AM
That's too bad.

Fishingnutter
07-08-2010, 09:52 AM
unpack your tackle,, conditions are a month behind,, i went and tooled about at the glenmore rez and caught tons'o little pike and had a number of big browns following, they should be gonzo now. i hear goldeye are picking up.

jts1
07-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Man dont tell my wife My fishing back pack sits ready to go 24/7 I can be ready to go anywhere in like 32 seconds flat

nicemustang
07-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Wow you are negative. Apparently you don't know how to fish, this is still one of the best times of year IMO. Good warm water temps make excellent walleye action and actively feeding rainbows in the prime fishing times makes it fun.

Plus, we are just getting to the best time of year for lakers.

Rockymtnx
07-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Wow, sucks to be you!
Some of the best walleye and trout fishing I have ever had has been during this time period.
But you stay home for a few weeks, that way I will have a little less competition out there on the old honey holes. ;)

oilngas
07-08-2010, 10:54 AM
It seems to me that our Southern Reservoirs do not start to get to 100 walleys / day until after Stampede. The big girls (65 - 75 cm's) seem to be fat and round by then as well.

spinerfisher
07-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Fishing all year round can be very productive if you know where to go and use. Also like the above posts, some awesome fishing to be had right now thats for sure, i know i will be out getting in on the action, and 1 less person around:sHa_shakeshout:

nicemustang
07-08-2010, 01:00 PM
It seems to me that our Southern Reservoirs do not start to get to 100 walleys / day until after Stampede. The big girls (65 - 75 cm's) seem to be fat and round by then as well.

X a million!!!!

great white whaler
07-08-2010, 01:11 PM
all my years of fishing,the last 3 weeks of july as always been slow.i put my fishing gear away till mid august.:scared0018:

Thanks guys!!! u changed my mind,im loading up the sunfire and out of here:scared0018:

DarkAisling
07-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Man dont tell my wife My fishing back pack sits ready to go 24/7 I can be ready to go anywhere in like 32 seconds flat

:lol: I leave it all in the truck.

I can be out the door in ten seconds. :p

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Maybe instead of hitting the same places fish around , gain some knowledge about the places you fish . Im Like JTS , im gear sits waiting for me to just pick it up and cast it out . If I catch something Great if I dont ah well . Theres more to fishing then just always catching . In fact I went threw a month long stint of fishing every day for 5 to 16 hours a day , caught fish everytime , sometimes more then others , it started to get boreing .

FishBrain
07-08-2010, 04:25 PM
My rods and a half setup of tackle sit under the back seats at all times. The only time the flyrod and spinner are not in there are when there is ice on the lakes, and that means there are ice rods there. Since I am the only one who drives the truck there is no need for anyone elses stuff under there!!
I love my truck!! slowly making sure everything I need ALWAYS is ready in it.

danewfy
07-08-2010, 07:12 PM
dog days of summer. best to get the honey-do list done and then go when its more productive. just dont have the time to get too many trips in so i have to pick my spots when i get em. im ready to go at the drop of a hat but the hat wont be dropping any time soon unfortunately.

WayneChristie
07-08-2010, 09:19 PM
:lol: I leave it all in the truck.

I can be out the door in ten seconds. :p

Takes me 5 :P I even worked 11 hours today and still made it out on the lake for a while afterwards. Theres no bad time of the year to fish, just change species or spots.

fandgwidow
07-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Takes me 5 :P I even worked 11 hours today and still made it out on the lake for a while afterwards. Theres no bad time of the year to fish, just change species or spots.

And that included waiting for me to get my license and make it out to the truck!:love0025:

great white whaler
07-08-2010, 10:53 PM
dog days of summer. best to get the honey-do list done and then go when its more productive. just dont have the time to get too many trips in so i have to pick my spots when i get em. im ready to go at the drop of a hat but the hat wont be dropping any time soon unfortunately.

The time well come buddy!!!!!!!!!!!! the time well come,a little bit of fall fishin,u no what i mean...:2mo5pow:

great white whaler
07-08-2010, 10:57 PM
i wont say a thing,,

Drewski Canuck
07-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Open water trolling with deep diving plugs for suspended walleye / pike only happens in the dog days when the tulibee are out in the middle of the lake near the surface. Ever thought of that as an alternative?

Drewski

great white whaler
07-08-2010, 11:08 PM

Open water trolling with deep diving plugs for suspended walleye / pike only happens in the dog days when the tulibee are out in the middle of the lake near the surface. Ever thought of that as an alternative?

Drewskiu r rite ,,i mean trout fishing gets slow in july.its pretty well all i fish.:shake:

great white whaler
07-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Wow you are negative. Apparently you don't know how to fish, this is still one of the best times of year IMO. Good warm water temps make excellent walleye action and actively feeding rainbows in the prime fishing times makes it fun.

Plus, we are just getting to the best time of year for lakers.

OKEY than!!!!!!!!!!!!!the cod fish is gulted rite no on caplain.:1041: