PDA

View Full Version : Carburn

jriad
07-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Anyone know how its fishing for Pike? Went out with Braun last night on the Bow and he mentioned its easy as pie to catch some pike in there. Havent ever been (or fished for pike for that matter) so was just wondering.

jts1
07-08-2010, 09:49 AM
A few winters ago there was no talk of Carburn park on here. Now I see more and more people talking bout it and going there. I will be the first to say this. If this continues Carburn will just be another place that USED to have fish. This lake is very very small and has a limited number of fish in it. IF you are planing to go there please use 100% C&R. In all reality this place gets so weedy in the summer that is not worth the effort anyways. But if you must then again please use 100% C&R. Any bets on how long it takes for this place to be wiped off the map for fishing... And it is not any easier to fish there than anywhere els. A better spot for pike is Chestemier Lake

jriad
07-08-2010, 10:22 AM
Im strictly C&R jts. Just want to try for some close pike. Thanks for the heads up though. PM me guys if you have any carburn pike advice/reports.

Fishingnutter
07-08-2010, 10:29 AM
Im strictly C&R jts. Just want to try for some close pike. Thanks for the heads up though. PM me guys if you have any carburn pike advice/reports.

Not trying to be a fudgehead; Carburn, when I was younger was always deemed a lake for learning or for kids and somehow it has stayed that way for 30 years or so, I don`t think anyone keeps anything from there but maybe things have changed, I was just made aware of two other ponds down there.

On the Bow side when the rig-road bridge was still there, WoW huge rockies and rainbow fishing,,,, really gotta get down there and look at what they`ve done to the river.