PDA

View Full Version : siebert lake

costa420
07-08-2010, 07:44 PM
im plannin to go to siebert i always do great there any of yall been there this summer just curious if its as awesome as last yeAR

spinerfisher
07-09-2010, 09:00 AM
im plannin to go to siebert i always do great there any of yall been there this summer just curious if its as awesome as last yeAR

buddy of mine was there last week, he was there for 4 days and mentioned first day there weather wasnt great, but the next three were okay weather wise and said that was one of his best fishing trips ever and will be going back in August. He mentioned that the pike in there like average 5lbs and couldnt keep them off the hook.

kreator
07-09-2010, 10:16 AM
I'm looking at getting in there in the next week or two...wonder how the road is?

Penner
07-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Check the reg's before heading out to Siebert. There is a bait ban and the pike is only 1 over 100cm. CO's visit often so ensure you have all your safety gear and that your barb's are pinched.

jeff101
07-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Hello. I went there last weekend with my family. It was the first time we had ever been there, but we did go with friends who know the area fairly well. The road in was puddles in places, as they had just got rain the night before, but was overall okay. Our friends brought in their 5th wheels, boats and quad trailers without issue.

I've been on some good fishing trips, but this was CRAZY. 3 of us headed out for about 3 hours Friday night and caught roughly 40 walleye and a hand full of jack. Better than half of the walleye were keeper size and the highlight of the night was caught when we went trolling towards the shallow spot near the middle of the lake. I got a bite and reeled in a small walleye while my buddy put his rod in the rod holder, killed the motor and got the net to help me out. While I was releasing the walleye, his reel spooled off about 50 feet of line. After about 10 minutes and watching this thing spool off his line 3 more times, my buddy managed to get it near the surface for a look - a "log" of a pike. I think I did an irish jig right there on the boat. I've never seen someone catch a huge pike up close in person before. When we finally got it in the boat, it turned out to be a 112 cm hog (44") with a nice girth. The friends are still on vacation, but I'll post the pics as soon as he sends them to me. His son caught a nice 84 cm pike (33") the next day. Definately worth a return trip and got me hooked enough to make the drive as soon as I get some more days off.

costa420
07-09-2010, 06:29 PM
ya sibert was sweet last year to got alotta nice walleyes and pike cant frigin wait