PDA

View Full Version : 40 Mile Report.

Walleyes
07-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Been hitting 40 Mile Res a bit this spring and summer and I am glad to say it is finally turning on a bit. Hit it a couple times just when the season opened and it was terribly slow, like I mean we had a couple 1 and 2 fish outings..

But the last couple weeks have been better. 2 weeks ago the youngest boy and I were out for the day. Fished from about noon until late and the bite came on. They didn't start until about 6 p:m but then they hit pretty steady. In all I would say we boated a little over 20 walleye and a couple slime sharks. 1 darn nice eye that weighed 3 1/2 # and 56cm long. Then a couple nights later we hit it again. This time we didn't even start until 5 p:m. The bite was not quite as good but steady. That night we boated around a dozen fish,, no real nice ones but some decent.. Last night I took out a couple guys from work and again the bite was pretty good. I wouldn't say it was crank and yank but over a 3 hr fish we boated close to 30 fish between 4 guys and some really nice stuff. Got 1, 57cm and a few in the 50 range.

I will say they are hanging deep. The 30ft mark seems to be producing the best. They are taking it very slow and when I say slow I mean slow. Bobbers or jigs tipped with leeches or minnow is the trick. But man last night you had to just hang it over the boat and hold it about 4 inches off bottom to get them to take it. Casting out to bring them in then holding them under the boat until they take..

Good luck all..