PDA

View Full Version : A Bass Pro Shop Hero

flygirrl
07-09-2010, 10:30 PM
:sHa_shakeshout: I owe a big thanks to one of Bass Pro Shop shoppers today. My grandson left a package on a bench in front of Bass pro shop and it included a expensive reel and expensive braided line. My girlfriend went back to get it and was informd by a gentleman that he had taken it in to customer service. Sure enough when I went in to retrieve it it was all there. Unbelievable, 154.00 in products that were left unattended and they were turned in. Makes you believe in humanity again. IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THIS FORUM OR SOMEONE ON THIS FORUM HEARS THIS STORY FROM SOMEONE I OWE HIM A BIG THANK YOU. AND A FISHING TRIP IF THEY SO DESIRE:character0053:.
I still shake my head in disbelief.:happy0034:

BobLoblaw
07-09-2010, 11:16 PM
:sSig_cool2:

That's good to hear!
With all the negative crap we're bombarded with everyday, it's nice to hear the good stuff now & then.
Thanks!

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-10-2010, 12:22 AM
Good to know theres still good people out there . I know it would mean alot to the young fella to have his new reel .

SushiUnagi
07-10-2010, 12:23 AM
:sSig_cool2:

That's good to hear!
With all the negative crap we're bombarded with everyday, it's nice to hear the good stuff now & then.
Thanks!

Ditto!

There're still awesome honest people out there :)

Smile at people and you will get a bigger smile back

fredieC
07-10-2010, 12:55 AM
Very Lucky ,my buddy left expensive reel ( worth 350 dollar which included the reel , line and backing ) at emrald lake in BC last summer, finally when he remembered it the next day, made another trip from banff to Emrald to see it missing, made enquires at the boat rental but no one had returned it..
well it was graet that some honest man found yours,.....
any way have a good one...
FredieC

dcutter
07-10-2010, 01:38 AM
It's awesome to see both the honesty and the appreciation shown by people sometimes.

I was walking out of Walmart one afternoon, and a woman in the parking lot was walking away from me. She was messing in her purse, and her wallet fell out. I ran up, grabbed her wallet and called out for her. I said "You just dropped this back there." She looked at me in surprise, took her wallet and started counting her money in front of me. Then when she was satisfied it was all there, she just turned and walked away! No "Thank You." No anything! So I yelled out at the top of my lungs "YOU'RE WELCOME!!!" and left.

DarkAisling
07-10-2010, 06:43 AM
One question.

If you were at BPS why the heck didn't you stop by for a coffee? I live 10 minutes away. :sad0125:

CeeZee
07-10-2010, 06:51 AM
Ya there really isnt enuf good people, just on thursday i went to the garbage dump in Amisk, AB little we village probably about 20 people went there in the 2 hours it was open. Dropped my phone, likely when i jumped down off the back of my truck, realized it and was back there 20 min later and no phone, I called it and called it looking for it, then got the keys to the dump and called it and it was turned off, which wasnt from a dead battery cuz it was only charged 2 hours earlier. Pretty bad someone would take it, and there was only one vehicle with 2 occupants dad and son about early/mid teens so who knows, just sucks that a person loses all the contacts and pics.
The world sure could use more honesty.

Good on the person who turned in that package at BPS, nice to hear after thursday.

flygirrl
07-10-2010, 07:04 AM
HUmmm, would loved to have Shelly but had one boat with me, two kids to drop off at airport, was a long day. Ha ha