PDA

View Full Version : Boat Launch at Coal Lake?

BIG AL
07-10-2010, 09:48 AM
I have a 17.5' fiberglass. Would I have any difficulty getting her in?

lifesaflyin
07-10-2010, 11:57 AM
you probly would. depending how low your boat sits in the water. there is a sign there for hand launch only now. but did see a guy with probly a 16 footer get it out. took about 20 minutes to launch and get thru the weeds.

Steadyup
07-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Was at coal today with friends and we managed to launch and drive away without pushing or paddleling the ground to get over mud. We we're in a 16ft Lund rebel to give you an idea of size. Another bigger fibreglass also launched and made it in and out. Finder read 2+ feet off the launch so its slow going for about a 150yrds. Deepest point found was just over 15 feet deep near center. Water is already very green and lots of tall weeds throughout. oddly though we did not catch anything for about 3 hrs of fishing. This seemed unusual as normally you can't keep them off your hook. Did see allot of jumpers though. Only a third boat seen. Launched at south end near Gwynne.

pikeman06
07-23-2010, 11:29 PM
coal in my opinion is hurtin pretty bad these days! just thought i was having bad luck but after hitting it with the aqua view this winter it seems most of the decent pike 10 lbs+ are gone. i grew up fishing this lake and wouldnt scratch the hell out of my fiberglass boat for what its worth. good luck tho.