PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon and Pike

Krisrf
07-10-2010, 11:36 PM
Just wondering if anyone has some help on finding pike on pigeon. I really dislike the lake as I find catching 50 of the same fish pretty dull so I'm hoping to change it up as the inlaws are there for the week and I still want to get in some fishing with them.

Kris

floppychicken
07-11-2010, 06:13 PM
(Hey Chris!)

Also Curious about the same! Any Help would be GREAT for PIKE on Pigeon...

Cheers,...

Smokey
07-11-2010, 07:49 PM
I got board a couple years back, i started trolling with either husky jerks or wally divers in 8-12 feet along the shoreline, and I was catching walleyes and pike like crazy. You don't half to sit in one spot with 40 other boats dropping a minnow all day in 18 feet of water...and you save on the bait, and get to see the lake.

Krisrf
07-11-2010, 10:02 PM
So we headed west of the PP launch and found some reeds. From there we drifted from 7 feet to 12 feet and caught lots of walleyes (some decent too) by throwing different things. Found whit small grubs tipped or untipped worked well as well as big swim baits with big wildeye perch working well. Enjoyable as no one was around us unlike the 100 at the drop off. I figure There's a good chance of pike in the same area. 19 degree Celsius surface temp.

Wish I was elsewhere but made the best of the situation.

Kris

whitetailman
07-12-2010, 12:00 AM
piegon lake has the best pike fishing ever... just need to know where too fish...:thinking-006:

great white whaler
07-12-2010, 10:19 AM
5 diamonds,green jigs troll a long the west end of the lake,theres pike in there thatly eat ya im sure!!!!!!!!!!!!:shark: