PDA

View Full Version : ram river

dan-0
07-11-2010, 03:31 PM
I was thinking of heading to the ram river sometime in the near future and i was wondering if any of you out there know of a good spot i could camp along with my wife and little one since she figures we dont spend enough time together:argue2:(i have hit 7 rivers in the last 3 weekends solo:sHa_shakeshout:) anyways i dont know that area very good but any info on a good place to camp would be good even if we have to hike a bit.
BTW just got back from the bighorn at cresent falls, what a great spot but the river was high fast and murky but the small lakes around produced alot of healthy rainbows on green caddis and mosquito patterns

lifesaflyin
07-11-2010, 03:34 PM
ram falls is a nice spot to camp but it costs extra for wood. and the fishing hard to get to down in the valley

Jaanders
07-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Just got back from 10 days days at the Ram. You can always camp near hummingbird eq. area. There is lots of camping out that way. Dont have to pay, just need fire wood. Fishing is pretty slow right now. Seems like they are a few weeks behind out there. Caught one real nice one below the falls. Probably 18 inches.