PDA

View Full Version : Crawling Valley

Hooker
07-11-2010, 07:20 PM
C.V. is producing well. We were out on Wednesday and had a blast. They were taking everything from spoons to spinners. So were the Walleye. We were catching them by casting and by trolling. Best water was the 8-10 foot mark. The weeds are starting to reach the surface but that just makes for better cover and better fishing. We got caught in a shower and just beat a thunder storm off the lake. We had just trailered the boat when the wind hit (about 30 Km +) and that whipped the water into nasty water. Caught and released about 20 Pike and 3 Walley (one 5 lbs) and kept a couple of smaller Pike for a fish fry.

GooseSlammer
07-12-2010, 12:36 PM
What are the boat launches like down there? I beleive there's access on the SW corner, but what about the North and East ends of the lake?

Sounds like it was a great day. Better than I did last weekend on Buffalo Lake! Not even a bite... Unbelievable! :126fs2277341:

Hooker
07-14-2010, 11:13 AM
As far as I know there are no boat launches on the north or east sides of the lake. There is a private one on the SE side in the islands by the dam site but I don't believe the public can access it. The ones in the camp grounds are more than adequate. I would say they are about the best I have seen. Like I said, the weeds are starting to reach the surface but the fishing is hot.