PDA

View Full Version : Sunday morn at the SSR

Fishfinder
07-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Went to a favorite spot of mine for walleye this morn and turned out to be an interesting day.
1st fish - small walleye. 2nd fish - small sturg. 3rd fish - 27" walter- FAT! (my personal best).
Next 10 fish - All goldeye including an 18"(another personal best) and one goldy, that after releasing the hook, did a quick-u turn in the water and BIT MY THUMB, then another quick u-turn and bolted away into the current. Was pretty funny stuff:)
Anyways, it was neat to see the walleye hole bringing in all the goldeye (they put up a great fight for their size) and the fat 27"er was a pleasent surprise:sHa_shakeshout:
Love that riv!:)
Cheers n GL all!

BobLoblaw
07-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Sounds like you had a great day.
No pics to share with us???:snapoutofit:
Maybe some video of the killer goldeye attack???

Fishfinder
07-11-2010, 10:21 PM
HA! Sorry man, no pics just me story:) Was by myself and had to choose between measurement or pic with the only 2 fish being pic worthy were the 27" walleye (12" girth) and the 18" goldy but even that, u seen one goldy u seen them all lol.
And as far as video, well don't u know it killed the radio star!

Wondering if the crazy flooding and rain this spring changed some fishing patterns in the river. This particular spot produced 95% walleye last year.
Noticed other holes/spots are producing different this year too. No matter though, as long as the fish are there right!:sHa_shakeshout: