PDA

View Full Version : My PCR Experience

Shacker
07-11-2010, 10:10 PM
I went to PCR for the first time Friday with my best friend and his girlfriend. We spent the first few hours fishing under the bridge with very little luck. We only caught 2 fish within the first few hours. There was a boat anchored in front of us and he was pulling out fish at least every 5 mins. We decided to pack up our gear and move to another spot and oh boy I am glad we did. I think we caught roughly 100 walleye between the 3 of us. It was insane I would bait my hook and throw my rod in and before I could wash my hands a fish was on my line. Here is the kicker we were using pickerel jigs and there were 9 different times between all of us that we would catch 2 walleye on the same line. Has anyone else had the same thing happen to them?

WayneChristie
07-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Iwatched a couple people do the same thing there this weekend. One actually brought it in with a walleye on one hook and a smaller pike on the other. also watched one person bring his rig in with 2 walleye hooked, plus a big pike holding on to one of them, didnt land the pike tho, but it was interesting to see anyways.

plinker
07-11-2010, 10:38 PM
The Sgt.Major and I went there tonight and did horribly. We fished the same spot, the same way we have for the last few weeks. Nothing! Then I saw a walleye subsurface feeding, 25 feet from shore. We cast only as far as where he had been. Then it was nonstop for the next two hours.:sHa_shakeshout: I drug out the fly rod, but I could not get them to hit on it at all. Oh well, better luck next time.

dmvcaly
07-14-2010, 10:52 PM
Just got back a little while ago, had a great day out on PCR me and a buddy caught 60 walleye and one decent sized snake.:shark::