PDA

View Full Version : Finally Caught one on Minnewanka.....!!!!!

fredieC
07-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Great day..... first laker of the season for me on Minnewanka.....Haven been fishing on this lake this summer and today finally caught one form the shore of it....Hope this luck continues for me..
Fish On............

spopadyn
07-11-2010, 11:40 PM
Nicely done - looks like a good size as well!

Calgaryguy1977
07-11-2010, 11:40 PM
Nice job man....thats a nice one. What did you catch it on?

Albertadiver
07-12-2010, 12:01 AM
I know that exact spot, been diving off of it for years. Good for you! Never seen any off of that spot before, so congrats!

fredieC
07-12-2010, 12:03 AM
bit of story behind it .. made a cast.... while retrieving it snaged in rocks.... and since i just put a new line on my reel... my line was messed up.. so got that sorted out and when i finally managed to get my spoon off the rock the laker just nailed it... at first thought snaged up again but when the line when down .. knew there was laker on the otherside..... used a len thomson black 5 daimond......hope works for rest of you as well........had tough time catching anything on this lake...any way guys... keep fishing.
FISH ON................!!!!!!
FREDS....

fredieC
07-12-2010, 12:05 AM
I know that exact spot, been diving off of it for years. Good for you! Never seen any off of that spot before, so congrats!

Thank you so much... hope this luck continues... i always have a tough time on this lake.....