PDA

View Full Version : Hunt TV - Worst TV hunting show I've ever seen

270WIN
07-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Last evening my wife and I watched an episode of Hunt TV on the Wild TV channel. It was the first time either of us have watched this particular program and probably will be the last. The show depicted a predator control hunt carried out to help a farmer solve his "coyote problem". The farmer was probably the creator of his own problem but that is somewhat beside the point of this thread.

I don't know if the producers of Hunt TV are strong supporters of PETA and similar organizations which would end all sport hunting if they had their way but, if they are and if they happen to see this post, I would tell them that they should definitely produce more programs like this one. It would provde the antis with a wealth of amunition to use against us.

Before anyone jumps to any conclusions regarding my attitude towards coyote hunting, I should say that I have hunted them for years both oppportunisticly while hunting other game and as a specific target species. I've killed plenty of them. My wife doesn't hunt but does accompany me on hunts from time to time and has seen it all. Neither of us has any objection to the practice of coyote hunting, whether for sport, fur or predator control. It was the manner in which the material was presented that we found offensive and potentailly harmful to the sport of hunting.

In the interst of brevity I have not provided any examples of the offensive portions of the show, but could if anyone is interested. Anyone who saw the show will likely know what I am talking about.

To the owners/producers of Wild TV if you see this: You could do a better job of screening the material on shows like this.

gunslinger
07-12-2010, 11:54 AM
The part that really made me sit up in my chair and wince was when they were blazing towards them buildings, i couldnt beleive that. Deffitnly one of the worst ones ive seen also.

Theres starting to be quite a few shows on there that i cant even watch anymore.

270WIN
07-12-2010, 12:10 PM
The part that really made me sit up in my chair and wince was when they were blazing towards them buildings, i couldnt beleive that. Deffitnly one of the worst ones ive seen also.

I didn't even pick up on that one. There's probably a lot more if a person was to watch the show again (I won't).

I gather from a PM I've received that the coyote hunt was nothing in comparison to a show they did on muskox hunting.

sourdough doug
07-12-2010, 12:42 PM
I gather from a PM I've received that the coyote hunt was nothing in comparison to a show they did on muskox hunting.[/QUOTE]

When I have seen this type of production, that provides more fuel for PETA, I try to get the names of those who put up the money to buy advertising space and drop them an email. Don't know what else I could do, but I have mentioned that I would not be supporting what ever they market.
The muskox, show you mention 270, was that Mr. Pigeons episode or is there another one out there now?

270WIN
07-12-2010, 12:55 PM
[/QUOTE]When I have seen this type of production, that provides more fuel for PETA, I try to get the names of those who put up the money to buy advertising space and drop them an email. Don't know what else I could do, but I have mentioned that I would not be supporting what ever they market.
The muskox, show you mention 270, was that Mr. Pigeons episode or is there another one out there now?[/QUOTE]

The PM I received said the muskox hunt was on Hunt TV not Thomas Pigeon's Canada in the Rough. Based on my knowledge of the sender of the the PM, I would be very surprised if the information he sent me was incorrect.

huntinstuff
07-12-2010, 01:01 PM
I saw that coyote episode last night.

It was so poorly done that it should have never aired.

For a few seconds, I was embarassed.

That was definitely the worst show, other than Roger Raglan's shows, that I have ever seen.

If I were a PETA member, I'd use that episode as fuel for sure. I hope it never airs again.

ishootbambi
07-12-2010, 04:57 PM
yea that was pretty bad. it is the only episode i have seen so i wont write off the entire thing yet, but im not optimistic either. it is not the most offensive thing ive seen on wild tv though. i do think they should be a little more selective in what they air.

220swifty
07-12-2010, 06:05 PM
well, for us poor buggers stuck on shaw, details please.....

j-ROC2
07-12-2010, 06:05 PM
pat i duno if i missed it or not on here but where are your bear camp pics bud ?

Duk Dog
07-12-2010, 06:25 PM
I don't get WildTV (dang Shaw) but have any of you been sending your comments to WildTV? Certainly sounds like it would be worth doing so.

ishootbambi
07-12-2010, 06:27 PM
have a look at the huntfest thread. the folks at wild are watching this forum and seeing all the comments.

James M
07-12-2010, 06:29 PM
I failed to see this episode...but I still think Officially Rugged and She Safari are the worst shows on Wild TV.

goober
07-12-2010, 06:36 PM
I must agree it is a bad bad show. I think I will stick to watching Lee & Tiffany!!!

Elkaholic6
07-12-2010, 06:40 PM
I must agree it is a bad bad show. I think I will stick to watching Lee & Tiffany!!!

You mean Tiffany ;) I think I'd rather watch Kelsy Claypool tho :love0025:

leo
07-12-2010, 06:43 PM
You mean Tiffany ;) I think I'd rather watch Kelsy Claypool tho :love0025:

Hey, did you get a haircut yet???.:sHa_shakeshout:

Elkaholic6
07-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Hey, did you get a haircut yet???.:sHa_shakeshout:

Haha, why yes I did!

Jimboy
07-13-2010, 02:42 AM
I don't get WildTV (dang Shaw) but have any of you been sending your comments to WildTV? Certainly sounds like it would be worth doing so.

Had wild tv for a year , cancelled it , to much politicly correct bullturds , to many idiots on all the shows , to many commercials , to many young girls taking off their camo hats and shaking their long black hair in the wind , likely never even hunted , just posing for the camera , full makeup on.
To many millionaire hunters driving their 25,000 dollar atvs on private deer farms etc, most of the shows are on private game farms.:tongue2:
Sooner watch americas got talent.

270WIN
07-13-2010, 08:11 AM
have a look at the huntfest thread. the folks at wild are watching this forum and seeing all the comments.

Yes I agree that it's almost certain that they have seen the comments on this thread. As a subscriber to Wild TV, I'd appreciate one from them but so far it would seem they've chosen to remain silent.

dogslayer403
07-27-2010, 05:17 PM
!

nube
07-27-2010, 05:27 PM
I didn't see this one but i know I don't watch Canada in the rough anymore. What a joke that guy is. You get 5 min worth of actual hunting and the rest is talking B.S and commercials. For all the hunting a guy and his friends could do in Canada every year you would think you could put together a few good shows.
There are4 a few other shows I don't care for either and it seems it has gotten worse this year.

duffy4
07-27-2010, 06:00 PM
"You don't know what you've got till its gone"

I see no hunting shows down here in Australia. And only the odd fishing show.

I know its much more fun to get out doing than watching but some times its nice to watch a little outdoor entertainment on THE BOX.

Right now I wouldn't mind watching Thomas P. stalking across the prairie trying to shoot a coot with a crossbow.

I wish I had some idea what the original poster was upset by???

pottymouth
07-27-2010, 06:07 PM
I have wild tv, but honestly now I just turn it on when my buddies come over and they want to watch it, I haven't actually watched it in at least a year.

I have a buddy though, who is from the states, and I believe he has his sat, here. Man you should see some of the shows they get down there!!! Maybe it's the budgets, maybe the writing is better, I don't know but I wish I could do something to get what they watch!!!.

airbornedeerhunter
07-27-2010, 08:35 PM
I've got Wild TV as well and I do admit to watching it fairly regularly, especially with hunting season just around the corner. I did'nt see the episode in question but there are alot of programs on there that I can't stomach. Most of the hosts/hunters are rich suit dummies that know more about hocking products than they do about hunting, all that garbage that they advertise as must have products are nothing more than marketing ploys. Most of it is useless and not required to be successful in the field. Further, some of the actions by the hunters are idiotic, guys laughing and giggling like morons when they shoot an animal, I'll admit to letting out the occasional hoot when I knock down a big deer, but I certainly don't jump up and down in my tree stand and laugh uncontrollably because I just filled a Tag.

Frans
07-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Well, I'm so new to Wild TV (since last Sunday), that I'm still taping stuff during the day just so I don't miss anything I think might be good! :-)

But seriously, the quality of some shows doesn't rise much above America's Funniest Home Videos, and the content is not so exciting. I was surprised though at the number of Canadian shows we have though.

Ask me again in a few weeks, I might be more cynical :-)

dbcooper
07-27-2010, 10:43 PM
I Have to agree with a lot of the comments above. I have had WildTV for about two months (but have not seen the OP episode) and had the DVR humming. Most shows I delete after about 3 mns. Two shows I like are Outdoor Quest and Outdoor Obsession. Both are very good IMHO.

DB

whitetail Junkie
07-27-2010, 10:49 PM
To many commercials,Dont watch it anymore either.

Springer
07-28-2010, 05:15 AM
Way to many Commercials , or at least don't air the same ones over and over so often !!
The episode that turned me off was when this guy brings his poodle along and keeps it n his jacket to keep it warm and is kissing the dog through the whole thing. Give me a break ,thats a pathetic way to fill a half hour program.

I much rather buy DVD's !!

yamaha 1
07-28-2010, 09:15 AM
I agree with most of you guys but its all we have for now and maybe in the future Wild TV will get some of the shows that are featured on the outdoor channel in the U.S. They have very good progaming, I like Mossy Oak Hunting The Country the best,but wild TV does not get it.:sign0176:

snetzer
07-28-2010, 10:24 AM
I am a faithful viewer of Wild TV and most of the shows are pretty good, however there are several I can't stomach. Hunt TV is one of them. The production value is horrible. And whats with Tactical Impact? Who cares.."OK, lets pretend this cardboard bad guy is holding a hostage, and then shoot him 38 times with an automatic weapon." Super...

The cooter
07-28-2010, 11:19 AM
They got to get rid of Dime store fishermen.

gitrdun
07-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Had wild tv for a year , cancelled it , to much politicly correct bullturds , to many idiots on all the shows , to many commercials , to many young girls taking off their camo hats and shaking their long black hair in the wind , likely never even hunted , just posing for the camera , full makeup on.
To many millionaire hunters driving their 25,000 dollar atvs on private deer farms etc, most of the shows are on private game farms.:tongue2:
Sooner watch americas got talent.

I'm totally with you on that. Let's not forget some guy having a coronary after shooting a WT doe from a treestand. I's rather watch the Antiques Road Show.

Heckler
07-28-2010, 11:42 AM
That is disappointing 270WIN...I have never seen the show, but it doesn't sound like I would really want to.

I have been thinking of switching to shaw direct just so I could get WildTv...may have to rethink that if this is what to expect.

Tundra Monkey
07-28-2010, 11:44 AM
I'd rather watch the Antiques Road Show.

I just about cried when that ol' Dude got a mill for an Indian Blanket and saved his farm.......show's top shelf far as I'm concerned after seeing that :sHa_shakeshout:

tm

Tracker34
07-28-2010, 12:30 PM
I missed that episode. I usuall only watch WildTV on Sat and Sun mornings before the rest of the family get out of bed. There are a few pretty good shows on there. I just hate it when I turn to the cannel and it's an hour or 2 of turkey hunting or it's that clown that does the hunting in Africa. Dangerous game or big 5? Can't remember what the name of it is. Too much crap and too much of the same ol' shart.

diamond k
07-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Well, I'm so new to Wild TV (since last Sunday), that I'm still taping stuff during the day just so I don't miss anything I think might be good! :-)

But seriously, the quality of some shows doesn't rise much above America's Funniest Home Videos, and the content is not so exciting. I was surprised though at the number of Canadian shows we have though.

Ask me again in a few weeks, I might be more cynical :-)

Dont worry they repeat them about a dozen times

CanuckShooter
07-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Had it tuned in just the other day, watched them elk hunting...same darn show was on a couple of hours later....way too many commercials and not enough REAL hunting.

Walleyes
07-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Not sure if I have seen the episode in question or not,, don't think so.. But as a whole I like WTV. Like any channel it has good shows and bad shows. The TV in my wellsite is on it about 75% of the time.. Most of the time I don't really watch its just on for background noise. I watch it a lot and like I said there are good shows and bad. But what the heck at least its hunting and some fishing I'll take it over Oprah or Dr.Phil.. Personally I wouldn't be with out it..