PDA

View Full Version : Omineca-Peace

fisher_gal
07-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Picking up my son at Pine Pass (southwest of Chetwynd) in a few days. Thought we'd head west of there and try to find a lake with some good fishing and decent camping. Anyone been out in that direction recently? Any suggestions?
I heard Carp is good for trout. And Babine farther west.

jacenbeers
07-12-2010, 05:00 PM
There are lots of nice lakes if you are willing to head toward the Vanderhoof and Burns Lake areas. By lots of lakes I mean THOUSANDS. Behind Fraser lake in the mountains there are lots of small trout lakes. Around the Kenney Dam near Vanderhoof there are thousands as well. Some are a small hike through the trees and can yield massive trout because they are rarely fished. It is probably the best area to fish that I have ever been to.

fisher_gal
07-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Sweet. Thanks. That's exactly where I was looking at heading. Never been there before.

jacenbeers
07-12-2010, 07:40 PM
If you want some more help when you are ready to go and tell me exactly where you are going I can give you some recommendations. Send a PM when you are ready. I grew up in Vanderhoof and have fished a lot between there and Burns Lake.

deltravers
07-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Gwillam Lake is always good only 1/2 Hr south of Chetwynd. I was there 2 weeks ago and had ok luck for this time of year.(No Bait allowed) If a guy wants to go way west Babine Lake is the crown jewel in my opinon.