PDA

View Full Version : how is wabamun

buddybuckhunter
07-12-2010, 10:01 PM
going to wab on thurs. for afew days, have never fished it before. will be staying near seba.will be targeting walleye or perch maybe pike as well. any pointers or what i can expect would be a real help. ihave a 17ft. with 115 so cruising around is no prob. thanks all:sign0161:

hockey1099
07-12-2010, 11:50 PM
There are no walleye in Wab anymore. I have heard stories of people catching them and Alberta fish and wildlife told me they are going to stock them in the near future but as for now there are no walleye.

The perch are to small to catch. You can see them icefishing put you wont land any 4-6 inchers unless you can see them take you hook.

The pike can be fun. Catch and release only. Try pulling cranks at varying depths. there is a big drop off on the northwest side of the lake off of a steep point/cliff that drops off into the lake try fishing there for starters.

Chris84
07-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Hey,
I was out at wabamun last week and never fished it before. I had some pretty good luck right in front of the town of wabamun. I managed only about four hours on the water between three days (one and a half year old daughter didn't like being in the boat), but I still managed about 40 to 50 fish. One of them was just shy of 20lbs. I just trolled in about 10ft of water with a little cleo spoon.

Good Luck,

Chris

buddybuckhunter
07-13-2010, 12:03 PM
thanks for the tip, have you ever caught walleye there. thanks

Chris84
07-13-2010, 03:21 PM
I haven't caught walleye out of there. I was under the impression there weren't many if any at all, so I just fished pike. There are a couple other threads on here about walleye in wabamun.

Chris

LeonH
07-13-2010, 04:09 PM
I have never seen any walleye there. Pike on the other hand are just about everywhere and there is some monster size in there too.

I was there couple of times last week and have fished out of my boat around weed bed just west of intake canal to power plant (the one further away from the town). I had lots of action with spoons and surface spinners.

The only bad experience was that half way to there I had to go back home to pick up my life jacket that I forgot home. So I lost like an hour before getting there and when I finally got there it started pouring rain. I was so stubborn and did not want to leave so I got poured on hard for like hour and a half. I do not think that there was an inch of my clothes that was not soaked wet. When finally stopped raining I fished for about an hour before I had to go as I had wedding to attend to. But fishing was good that day too.

dave99
07-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Going there on Thursday... can't wait!! Gonna try to beat 42".... just not sure whether to try out the Seba Beach side (I've never fished it) or the Wabamun town side.

AriahJade
07-19-2010, 02:00 PM
I was out there on Friday and had great luck with a number 0 len thompson yellow 5 of diamonds. Caught several small ones and one big fellow, over 1 meter long and over 15 lbs. I dont know how much over 15 because my little scale maxes out at 15. All and all my fiance and i had a great time, although his pride may be slightly bruised because i outfished him...... again.