PDA

View Full Version : White Goat

medicmoose
07-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Anyone know if there is any hunting allowed in the white goat or Siffleur wilderness areas (WMU 738 and 736) cant find much about them in the regs. Just trying to plan the assault on sheep season. Think im gonna go for a hike up coral creek to job pass tommorrow hope the creeks arnt to high!

MM

NCC
07-13-2010, 01:36 PM
I don't think you are allowed to have a fire, stay overnight, or ride a horse in the wilderness areas, let alone hunt. It's been a few years since I checked, so I may be wrong.

walking buffalo
07-13-2010, 01:43 PM
your Alberta WMU map and regs state these areas are "No Hunting" zones.

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/Hunting-Regs-2010.pdf

Other Restricted Areas
Except for the special seasons provided in WMUs 728 and 730, hunting is
not permitted in the following areas:
l Cold Lake Air Weapons Range (WMU 726),
l Canadian Forces Base Wainwright (WMUs 728 and 730),
l Canadian Forces Base Suffield (WMU 732),
l Ghost River Wilderness Area (WMU 734),
l Greene Valley Wildlife Management Unit (WMU 926),
l Siffleur Wilderness Area (WMU 736),
l White Goat Wilderness Area (WMU 738), and
l within 91 m (100 yards) of Highway 1 or Highway 1A in WMU 410.

medicmoose
07-13-2010, 01:58 PM
ok yeah thats what i though, been looking at topos all aft. wasn't 100% sure. does anyone know anything about not being able to hunt in coral creek area? in 432. maybe im looking in the wrong places but cant seem to find info on that either.

sheephunter
07-13-2010, 02:27 PM
You can hunt Coral Creek area.

medicmoose
07-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Ok good to know. got some info saying there was some new 30 mile sheep safty zone. and there was no animals around. I dunno any more (lol). Whats the best way to get into whiterabbit creek?

Rockymtnx
07-13-2010, 03:00 PM
You can hunt Coral Creek area.
You can hunt it if you want but all the sheep grew wings and flew away.
No sheep around there for 30 miles.

Ok good to know. got some info saying there was some new 30 mile sheep safty zone. and there was no animals around. I dunno any more (lol). Whats the best way to get into whiterabbit creek?
Geez who told you such a fib....? :rolleyes:

justhunt
07-13-2010, 04:41 PM
I hope your planning on spending a couple days in there because it is no day walk to job pass up corral. It isn`t easy going on foot and it would probably take almost 9 hours on a horse to get up there. And those creek crossings will be deep!!!!

medicmoose
07-13-2010, 05:18 PM
Pfffft horses are for old men and sissys (just kidding) yeah im not sure what im gonna do given all this rain.:sign0176: might go poke up the whitegoat or the whiterabbit.

sheephunter
07-13-2010, 05:25 PM
I hope your planning on spending a couple days in there because it is no day walk to job pass up corral. It isn`t easy going on foot and it would probably take almost 9 hours on a horse to get up there. And those creek crossings will be deep!!!!

Having shared a few days afield with Matt, I'm not so sure it wouldn't be a day hike for that boy...lol

I realized my biggest fear in life a week ago hiking with him and that's that I'd get a guide as young and fit as him on my upcoming Dall hunt.....:sign0068:

medicmoose
07-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Oh Stop your making me blush.

Horn Stretcher
07-13-2010, 05:43 PM
medicmoose I have spent alot of time in the coral and jobe creek drainages, I believe there is 36 creek crossings on coral to hearts and diamonds camp. Coral creek has alot of big rocks in the bottom and the water can get real deep there real fast. If you can"t see the bottom its best not to go in there. If the creek is down the best time to start is early morning because of snow melt and glacier melt, it will rise alot on a hot day to. Hope this helps.