PDA

View Full Version : Heading out to jackfish thursday

FishingFrenzy
07-13-2010, 10:17 PM
Hey guys,
Im heading out to Jackfish (the one by stony plain) on thursday and was just looking for some generel info. I know there is a few threads about jackfish but none really answered my questions. Now im not looking for GPS coordinates or your specific spots or anything but was just generally wondering what parts of the lake are better for what fish and that sort of info. Also what kind of lures generally produce out there, i've got pretty much everything except i don't have many crankbaits. I think i'll kind of target pike but i have heard there's some decent walleye in that lake so i might try jigging for them?

LAST question, Is there anyway to get down to the water without paying the 10 bucks to park at the boat launch? Maybe im being a cheapskate but 10 more bucks to the government is 10 bucks too much in my book. I have an inflatable so im pretty versatile since I don't need a boat launch.

I just wanna get out, have a good time and catch some fish.
TIGHT LINES! :)

Islander421
07-13-2010, 10:24 PM
I was out Sat morning and had a great few hours in the rain and the bite stayed on. Jointed Rapala was getting more walleye than pike. Shorelines are good and the spot straight ahead of the boat launch between the island and shore. As for the boat launch question...not that I have heard of unless you know someon with a fancy house on the water.
Cheers.

QIsley
07-13-2010, 10:55 PM
The County of Parkland raised the rate to $20.

ghostguy6
07-13-2010, 11:23 PM
As of July 1st the fee went up to $20, they really bend you over and dont even use any lube:angry3: $20 a day for a dock and smelly washroom:shake:

That lake seems to be a hotspot for the arrogant rig pigs with too much money and even more booze. Every single adult boater I saw on saturday was drinking. I did manage to pull out 2 small pike from the dock using spoons before I got fed up with the drunk boaters ramming the dock.

Good luck and watch out for the other boats.

fish-man
07-14-2010, 07:29 AM
Walleye- fish the narrows between the big island and shore on the left (from the launch) side. Use jigs near or on bottom. You'll pick up lots of pike too.

I'll second the arrogant boaters. I fish the lake in my canoe and I get swamped all the time.

FishingFrenzy
07-14-2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the info guys! My god there's no way im paying 20 bucks to park in the stupid lot. I'll run through someones yard if i have to :scared0018:. Im not super clear on the laws about drinking+boozing but can't you call the fish cops or report a poacher or something? i have the report a poacher number in my phone, but what number is the fish cops?

Im 99% sure its illegal to drink and boat?? i'll have too look that one up.

ghostguy6
07-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Yeah its illegal. It is drinking in public and operating a motor vehicle while under the influence. When I left I told the lady working the gate to call the police because I didn't get any reception

LeonH
07-14-2010, 03:51 PM
$20 for access to this lake is plain nuts. Why exactly are they charging this, is this private property?

FishingFrenzy
07-14-2010, 04:56 PM
Not private property just the government trying to rip us off for more cash. Its a HUGE amount but if i find a way around it i will let you know.