PDA

View Full Version : Disaponted with draw results nothing for my son

alpineman
07-14-2010, 09:25 AM
My 15 year old son turned down for a second year cow elk in 505 and 2nd choice in 719.
Also turned down for the second year Bull Moose in 334 and 2nd choice in 505,
I have always got cow moose on my 2nd year in 719 and 2nd year in 334 which I received both last year on the 2.
We are disappointed with the results as I don't want my son to get discouraged with hunting.
I figured by putting in a second choice it would improve his chances but no looks like it does the opposite and reduced his chances. This is the first time I put in for a 2nd choice.
I would like to get a reason on this but have no Idea who to talk to.:confused:

ALBTUFF
07-14-2010, 09:56 AM
For cow elk in 505 you would of needed a priority of 5(100% drawn) and in 719 a priority of 1(100% drawn)

Bull moose in 334 a priority of 1 would give you a 35% chance and priority 2 would give you 98%. As for 505 bull moose priority 2 is 2% drawn and priority 3 is 100%.

So being at a priority of 2 for bull moose where your son's draw is there is still a slight chance you might not get it. As for the elk I have no idea why your son didn't get drawn for 719?

pika
07-14-2010, 10:02 AM
My 15 year old son turned down for a second year cow elk in 505 and 2nd choice in 719.
Also turned down for the second year Bull Moose in 334 and 2nd choice in 505,
I have always got cow moose on my 2nd year in 719 and 2nd year in 334 which I received both last year on the 2.
We are disappointed with the results as I don't want my son to get discouraged with hunting.
I figured by putting in a second choice it would improve his chances but no looks like it does the opposite and reduced his chances. This is the first time I put in for a 2nd choice.
I would like to get a reason on this but have no Idea who to talk to.:confused:

You shouldn't be discouraged, just think of all the opportunities provided to Non Resident aliens while you have to sit out hunting for several years, some americans (and Europeans) get to hunt in Alberta every year for deer and elk and moose while residents wait 4 to 12 years for some draws. You'll just have to wait or move to the USA!!

Duk Dog
07-14-2010, 10:10 AM
On the bright side look at the wide amount of general tags we are fortunate to buy every year here in Alberta.

Snap Shot
07-14-2010, 10:12 AM
You shouldn't be discouraged, just think of all the opportunities provided to Non Resident aliens while you have to sit out hunting for several years, some americans (and Europeans) get to hunt in Alberta every year for deer and elk and moose while residents wait 4 to 12 years for some draws. You'll just have to wait or move to the USA!!

What?:snapoutofit:

Look on the brightside there is oodles of General tags out there to pick up over the counter and go take your kid hunting... Heck theres a whole bird season your son might want to try... Get out there and enjoy the great outdoors..

Family Hunter
07-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Was it your son's secound year applying for these draws meaning he was only a priority 1 or was he a priority 2?In zone 334 bull moose was only 36% drawn on priority 1 last year and zone 505 only 3% on priority 2.Cow elk in 505 you need a priority 5 to get drawn and 719 priority 1 100% drawn but they do change very year.This is based on last years draw so maybe more people applied in 719 this year or less tags are being isssued.When the 2010 draw summary comes out you'll get your answer.Later.FH

Here's the link to last year draw results.

http://www.mywildalberta.com/Hunting/HuntingDraws/DrawsSummaryReport.aspx

yamaha 1
07-14-2010, 10:57 AM
What?:snapoutofit:

Look on the brightside there is oodles of General tags out there to pick up over the counter and go take your kid hunting... Heck theres a whole bird season your son might want to try... Get out there and enjoy the great outdoors..

x2 :snapoutofit: The Americans also pay $5,000.00 to $10,000.00 U.S. to hunt thoughs animals .....can you afford that kind of price ?I know I can't.:sign0176: