PDA

View Full Version : Too many non residents in draw

davem
07-14-2010, 09:53 AM
I just checked on my draw results of which I 999 everything as I won’t be able to go hunting with the inlaws this year. I got the message for all but non resident sheep that draw result was “rejected” 2 – the reject reason was “too many non residents” this was the case for elk, mule deer, moose and antelope. I was hoping to build my priority on these animals in hopes that my inlaws would be good enough to invite me out again in the future and am very disappointed that I could not build my priorities this year.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am flabbergasted and had no idea there was a limit on non residents applying, especially when they 999’d their choice.

Thanks for the replies

Dave

Duk Dog
07-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Never heard of that before. Would certainly be worth a call to SRD or the people administering the WIN cards & draw. Let us know what you hear.

Duk Dog
07-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Just re-read your post. How many non residents applied with you? Are they non-res Canadian or non-res alien? Only so many non-res can apply with a resident.

- may host a maximum of two (2) hunters/year, either Non-residents (Canadian), Non-resident Aliens or a combination thereof. If hosting 2 Non-resident Aliens, at least 1 must be a relative.

davem
07-14-2010, 10:13 AM
II just got off the phone with Fish and Wildlife. I neglected to add my mother in laws WIN number this year to the bottom of my form. I am really upset, I didn’t realize that at the bottom of the draw when it asks you if you want to add any other WIN’s that as a non resident I had to or it would have been rejected, that is why only my sheep went through. They said that they called everyone who had an error but I know I did not receive any such message. I was really hoping that I would have been able to get my mule deer draw up enough to go to my father in laws farm next year and have a crack at one of the dozen’s of mule deer I see running around the place every Christmas I had even gotten permission from my wife for next year. Apparently there is no appeal process and I am now a year behind on fulfilling this dream. I suggested to the lady on the phone that it was not very clear that a non resident had to add an additional WIN number, last year I remembered to, I guess this year I figured that I new how to do it.

Dave

Rackmastr
07-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Ahhh....yep that would cause the problem quite easily.