PDA

View Full Version : Antelope Pic

dbcooper
07-14-2010, 10:10 PM
You may have a hard time believing where I took this pic...

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv360/dbcan/loper.jpg[/IMG]

I took this photo about 5 kms west of a town called Galahad. Its about 45 mns south east of Camrose. he was all alone as far as I could see. Way far north!

Sorry for the pic quality it was from my phone and I was shocked to see it hahaha when I rolled down the window it started to run.

DB

Rockymtnx
07-14-2010, 10:30 PM
A couple years ago I seen a couple antelope near Gwynne (15 miles west of Camrose).
Cool pic to see. Looks like he has a good set of horns.
Thanks for sharing.

yamfan
07-15-2010, 07:55 AM
there have been a few kicking around the east of camrose for a while. haven't spotted them in a few years but i know i've heard they have been around. There was a set of 3 around quite i while back prob 8yrs now by roundhill was driving home from a ball tournament with dad and drove past em on the highway, i had dad turn around cause I was sure those weren't deer, sure enough 3 speedgroats eating grass 40 yrds off the highway, pretty cool since I never seen one before. I believe that set stayed around for a number of years because lots of sightings from neighbors over the years.

bisonhunter
07-15-2010, 07:56 AM
whilst visiting the in-laws in meadow lake sask. in june i talked to a bunch of people that had seen one antelope buck running around there also. someone said it got run over though. farther north than their historical range for sure, but if they are moving up all the power to them. i would think more range would equal more animals.

Duk Dog
07-15-2010, 08:27 AM
Weirdest place I saw one was the north end of Calgary just SW of Deerfoot and Country Hills. Boy did he look out of place.

gunslinger
07-15-2010, 08:40 AM
We seen antelope in alix, when i lived there, that was cool.

powerman
07-15-2010, 09:33 AM
I see antelope all the time around Unity and Macklin SK, east of provost. This year I have been drawn for antelope in the Unity area. It is funny to see antelope and moose in the same field.

Rockymtnx
07-15-2010, 09:55 AM
I see antelope all the time around Unity and Macklin SK, east of provost. This year I have been drawn for antelope in the Unity area. It is funny to see antelope and moose in the same field.

While goose hunting near Provost last year, I seen two great bucks. The one would have easily made book.

sheephunter
07-15-2010, 10:00 AM
Ya, a few years ago there were three on the west side of the QE2 just south of Leduc. It seems they get the travelling fever every now and then.

Rustynuts
07-15-2010, 10:01 AM
Last fall, seen three 1 mile east and 4 west of lloyd. There are a few hanging around to the west aswell.

dbcooper
07-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Ive seen them on the west side(about 300 yards or so) of hwy 21 on the way to Drum by Three Hills area, but this is the first time I have been this close to one. I'm not an Antelope hunter yet :) but although this pic is small and does not do the animal justice...the horns on this one looked real good. It was nice to see.

DB

ceedub
07-15-2010, 09:20 PM
I was born in Galahad and still spend quite a bit of time there. I'm not surprised by the pic at all, in fact, there is a herd of about 45 antelope that have spent the last two winters just east of the town. This spring there were small bands in nearly every section between Galahad and Forestburg, I saw them several times and my dad reports sightings to me nearly every time I talk with him. Nice pic.

Craig