PDA

View Full Version : Tfo

jts1
07-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Got me a new 4 piece TFO from BPS today. I am told the warranty is lifetime. Even if I snap it out of rage when the big one spits my fly.... Is this true?? Anyone have quality comments??

dennisb
07-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Nope. I beleive its still or was $25 per peice to replace. so if you break all 4 peices out of frustration it will cost you $100. Their warrenty shop is in Calagry.

jts1
07-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Just checked it out. Its 30.00. But like you said there shop is in Calgary. They say new piece is shipped out in 24 hrs. Not bad.... Cant wait to see well it works this weekend.

tikka270
07-15-2010, 04:04 PM
I have their 4 pce 8' 3wt and 4wt and I love the rods!!!! As I said on another thread with fly rods...at least for me...it has as much to do with your style of casting and the rods feel as anything and TFO and Orvis match mine the most.

They are priced right for a superior product and warranty and there is nothing like having the warranty in your own city!!! I once snapped my silver label and it cost me $25 but I also waited for 3+ mos. That is an entire season (or more!!!) in Calgary!!! I guess that forced me to buy another one so they profited on me...again! :) But like guns you can never have too many!!!

Good luck with the new rod.

newfierefugee
07-15-2010, 06:23 PM
I have a couple of TFO's, 5 wt and a 9 wt, both 4 piece and I love them. haven't had to use the warranty yet so I make no comment on it. :happy0034:

gonefishin
07-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Depends who you know, I guess. I know people who have gone into "certain stores" and talked to "certain people" and have had their rods, or parts thereof replaced off of the shelf. Thankfully, I haven't had an issue with any of mine. For the price, you defintiely can't beat them.

coreya3212
07-16-2010, 08:11 AM
I have a TFO 4 pc 4 wt and broke the tip piece. Walked in there door, 30 bucks and left with a new piece. He took the entire rod and tried a couple different pieces to see which fit best??? Took about 10 mins.

SNAPFisher
07-16-2010, 08:31 AM
They are okay. Have two 7 wts myself. I just broke my 3rd one yesterday fishing for walleye. There are definately tougher and better products out there - 3 times showing that they do not have superior strength that some others do. However, they always honor the $30 replacement. There is a lot to be said about that kind of committment. ....if I keep breaking them they might have me committed :sHa_sarcasticlol:

jts1
07-16-2010, 01:14 PM
Good to know guys. I will trying it out for the first time on Chester Lake tomorrow. Dont think there is any risk of one of then lil Cutts breaking my rod.

hunter49
07-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Too bad you bought it from bass pro. As I understand, they get their TFO stuff from the US. Therefore you must send it back to the US for warranty work. All the local fly shops up here, the fishin hole, wholesale, etc get the rods from Canadian distributors (springbrook) therefore you get Canadian warranty on them. 30.00 bucks and you got your new rod piece.

jts1
07-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Nope my warranty is right here in Calgary I called them direct.

hunter49
07-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Interesting, I was told the US blanks are different from the Canadian blanks. Therefore they would not be warrantied in Canada. I guess they must of changed that, or bass pro started getting shipments from springbrook. Either way, the TFO's are definitely one of the best "bang for your buck" flyrods out there!

SuCraM
07-16-2010, 04:58 PM
I have a buddy that bought a tfo at BPS and he broke a piece and the place in Calgary replaced it for 30 bucks no questions asked.

onthefly
07-17-2010, 10:20 AM
I know Ken at Springbook in Calgary (he is the owner/president). BPS orders TFO rods through there head office in the US but they are supplied locally by Springbrook in Calgary. The rods are fully warrantied here and BPS has better prices on some of there TFO series and combos then other places in town.
On a side note, all manufacturers who offer lifetime warranty rods require a fee to repair/replace a rod or section. $30 isn't to bad, I have had to pay $50 to replace my Sage twice now plus ship to the US. I can see why TFO rods are so popular here.