PDA

View Full Version : Gophers around Chestermere/Strathmore.

Logan
07-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Anyone happen to know of anybody that is willing to grant permission to shoot some Gophers on their land. My friend and I (29yrs old) are looking from somewhere to spend an afternoon or 2 having some fun.

Please let me know either by a reply of PM if you'd like.

Logan
07-16-2010, 01:50 PM
So no know knows anybody who will give permission for a nice bottle of whiskey or anything? Anywhere within an hour of Calgary would be great.

hunter49
07-16-2010, 02:00 PM
grass is too high for gopher shooting now...atleast in most spots. Just take a drive, and knock on a few doors.

wwbirds
07-16-2010, 06:15 PM
2X grass is too high my boys quit shooting in pastures a couple weeks ago and now cattle are feasting out there.

Twisted Canuck
07-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Besides the grass being too high, you won't get any response here regarding gopher spots. It's like asking where somebody's best fishing hole is. I tried.....

What worked for me, in a five minute phone call is simple and effective.
Go to the UFA website:

http://www.ufa.net/

Find the closest one or two locations where you want to hunt, call their 800 number, and ask to speak to the manager. Tell him who you are, what you would like to do, and ask him if he can put you in touch with a local who can accomodate you. They will know all the locals, and will be happy to put you in touch with someone. Best of luck. TC