PDA

View Full Version : New Spinning Reel...Ebay purchase...good or bad...soon to tell.

Sundancefisher
07-15-2010, 06:22 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bull-Shark-11-BB-Spinning-Reel-Fishing-NAG2000-/330426402453?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ceef2c695

With shipping and handling and exchange I bought 2 for $60... $30 Cdn/each.

Just got them in the mail. They look okay...no complaints out of the box. Just gotta string them up now. Anyone know much about Hui Huang reels?

Made in China product I believe. Still...most of these reels probably get made right after the Shimano run finishes etc.

FishBrain
07-15-2010, 08:40 PM
looks like a good score, for the price you cant really complain.
I have been buying lures and flies through ebay. getting some great deals

Sundancefisher
07-15-2010, 09:27 PM
looks like a good score, for the price you cant really complain.
I have been buying lures and flies through ebay. getting some great deals

That is what I figured... $25-30 for a light to medium action reel...11 ball bearings... Seems to turn smooth. I will have to put some 8 lb test on and test it on a 15 lb rainbow.

Aaron17
07-15-2010, 10:39 PM
I just lucked out and got the same reel for $0.69 in the auction:sHa_shakeshout:

Geezle
07-16-2010, 06:31 AM
Looks decent enough for an inexpensive reel...only one way to really find out how it performs though...let us know how it works for ya :)

If they're no good for open water fishing (like my stupid little green Quantum reel :mad0030:) you can always use them for ice fishing :)

Sundancefisher
07-16-2010, 07:41 AM
Looks decent enough for an inexpensive reel...only one way to really find out how it performs though...let us know how it works for ya :)

If they're no good for open water fishing (like my stupid little green Quantum reel :mad0030:) you can always use them for ice fishing :)

Exactly

for those not paying attention to pricing...

0.69 cents they add shipping to bring it to $26.69.

Or starting for $26.69 shipping included.

Or combination of starting price and shipping to equal $26.69.

depending upon the size of the reel.

P.S. it seems to be made of mostly metal...not a cheap plastic job

hunter49
07-16-2010, 01:59 PM
"you get what you pay for" comes to mind. Let us know how it works!

javlin101
07-16-2010, 03:00 PM
I got a couple of new Quantum reels off ebay for 1/2 the new local price. you just need to watch how they ship & charges. I won't buy unless they ship USPS.

FishBrain
08-04-2010, 01:25 PM
So I am curious about how this real has turned out so far

Sundancefisher
09-18-2010, 08:35 AM
Well...I strung one with 220 yards of 6 lb spiderwire. The reel held the line well.

I have caught numerous perch and trout to 10 lbs on it. The drag feels smooth. The retrieve is steady and the materials seem to be holding together. The only plastic part I can readily see is the screw cap to hold the reel arm on.

The reel and cheap ultralight rod fought the larger trout very well.

Just like with any reel however if you have the full amount of line on you need to check for tangles quickly prior to starting the retrieve. I get wickedly long casts at the moment with very light lures.

Hope this helps.

Sun

P.S. If I was a betting man I would say this reel is made with the same specs as a Shimano. It looks suspiciously similar.

Geezle
09-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the follow up on that one Sun...sounds like you got yourself a pretty decent little reel for a good price :cool:

SushiUnagi
09-20-2010, 04:16 PM
P.S. If I was a betting man I would say this reel is made with the same specs as a Shimano. It looks suspiciously similar.

Probably manufactured from the same plant even...just tacked on a different branding. ;)

My folks bought some cheap DVD players and the sales guy asked what brand they wanted... Sony, Toshiba, Samsung, etc. Then they just tacked on the brand logo/sticker. :test:

hunter49
09-20-2010, 08:37 PM

shimano makes 30 dollar reels and they make 700 dollar reels....tough to say its made with the same specs as a "shimano"