PDA

View Full Version : Fallen timber

foothillsman
07-15-2010, 09:20 PM
:fishing:Has anyone fished the Fallen Timber and it's tributaries. I'd like to know whether it's worth the effort. I tried and got nary a nibble. To help matters, I watched a kayaker hit every hole on his way down the river. He just smiled as he went on by, wishin me good luck!:mad2: I was wishin that the next hard bump he took would spring a leak in his boat an send slivers up his ***. Is it worth going back to, and how do fish respond to canoes and kayaks going down stream

Cal
07-15-2010, 10:49 PM
Never fished fallen timber so have no idea as to its size, in lakes and larger rivers fish seem to be pretty tollerant of canoes and kayaks. Not sure in shallower mountain rivers though. As an angler and a canoeist I give fishermen their space but there is no way I would bust my butt and portage a section or take a sketchy line to avoid scaring fish.

buckman
07-16-2010, 07:46 AM
It gets a lot of presure,and most people seem not to do very well,try waiperous still plenty in there the last time I fished it.

Coulee
07-16-2010, 03:49 PM
I have never fished the Fallen Timber, but I have hunted it for decades. My hunting partner does fish it though, and can tell you that there are brook trout and whitefish in it. I have seen them and he has caught them. Find deep water and you'll find fish. Having said that, it's not known as a great fishery.