PDA

View Full Version : head cams/ video cams for hunting

Pixel Shooter
07-16-2010, 09:57 AM
I wanted to start taking video of heated duck or goose hunts especially now with my son hunting and new puppy ready for his first year in the field. Anyone use a head cam or video take. I think Im wanting a head cam so I can concentrate on other things, looking for suggestions and decent deals, thanks in advance :)

Rockymtnx
07-16-2010, 10:07 AM
PS, if you are looking for a head mounted camera, these are about the best in the industry.

http://www.goprocamera.com/

They are used a lot by sports junkies. They also have HD models.

AB RANGER 007
07-16-2010, 03:20 PM
:thinking-006:Here is another one for you, Launch Helmet Cams Inc. Out of Vancouver, BC.
Look at the V.I.O. POV.1.5 The world's most advanced digital point-of-view (POV) Video Recording System.:sSig_cool2:

Bruce.

The Fisherman Guy
07-16-2010, 04:03 PM
x 100 for go pro. Definitely get the HD, the possibilities are endless.

Very reasonably priced, and a great product all around.

Pixel Shooter
07-16-2010, 05:05 PM
thanks gents. I looked at gopro, great feedback on close shooting, would it work for bird hunting being the game is out 30 yards or so? take it one would not want wide angle? as well I want to tape my dog retrieving so not all in tight work. would you suggest hat mount? thanks again for pointing me in the right direction

jayb22
07-16-2010, 06:13 PM
I have the go pro hd and love it. I haven't had a chance to use it in a hunting situation but for dirtbiking it is really good. The image is a little distorted as it is almost like a fish eye lense but it's amazing at how clear it is. While I was riding in 4th gear tapped you can pause the video and see the rocks on the ground. I'm excited to take it out hunting this year.